[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Too tired to explain anymore!

Too tired to explain anymore!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Too tired to explain anymore!

Postby lin43 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Fibromyalgia....

A disorder that cant be explained, but to understand it, we can try to explain it better with an account of what we as fibro sufferers feel.

The pain is chronic, that means that every waking minute we FEEL it. Fibromyalgia symptoms are not restricted to pain, leading to the use of the alternative term fibromyalgia syndrome. It never goes away, from the top of our heads to the bottom of our feet, there is no waking time that we can say that we don't have pain...

I will try and explain why I have to pace myself so I can at least live a normal life without it taking over me totally.

Most people will have energy after a good night sleep, even if they have been active then tire, after a rest the body regenerates energy within the cells therefore people can either party into the evening, entertain friends/family, have a romantic night with their spouse etc .
Now that's deemed a NORMAL life!..

However...

We fibro sufferer's have to decide what, when and where we should or have to put our low capacity of energy into that day. Having fibro is similar to having to deal with the tail end of a bad flu bout, 'THAT'S flu'... not a sniffly cold. Anyone who has suffered the flu know's the difference to that and a common cold!

Depleated of a normal energy range, heavy achy limbs, dull headache, foggy brain and that's without the gnawing, jarring, throbbing, spasmatic, hot, tense painful muscles.

By saying we roughly have 25% energy levels can be an understatement to some sufferer's as all that has been diagnosed with this insufferable disease relate similar symptoms but all are either more manageable or debilitating than the next.

My point is...from one sufferer to the next, depending on our family/work/social life, we try to lead a normal life in the best way we can. Not one of us want's to complain, winge, moan, be unsociable, avoid playing with our children/grandchildren...who would pretend they have this every day? Why would we cheat ourselves from living a 'NORMAL' life full of fun and adventure? If we were given a day when we never struggled with this then you would see happy, smiley face's full of hope for the future.

Don't we just love it when we meet old friend's who say "you look great, what are you up too these day's"? Well...look to the floor and swallow me up please. Why would we put ourselves through the embarrassment of saying... "I don't have a social life, don't work now, thingy who"? I just love been unemployable, anti-social, boring...

P.S

Im just too sore, too tired, too brain dead to be bothered to explain anymore...My energy has exceeded, arm's aching from typing and I need to refresh my brain cell's. I am very grateful to be alive... still get up each day and brave the world...but please let me live without feeling I owe it to society to explain myself anymore. FIBROMYALGIA is a genuine illness that has taken the quality of life from every sufferer but the WORST of it is...we are labelled with a very familiar stigma and that is...maybe your just DEPRESSED!!!

Depressed because even our doctor's cant be bothered to help
Depressed because our family/friend's cant understand.
Depressed because society doesn't understand
Depressed because pain and exhaustion is relentless
When I hear someone say they have an ache, I pray it's not the onset of fibro, once it has you, it never let's you go...

One thing I do know is that every person who has been diagnosed with this is a master of disguises, brave face's all round. The mask does slip now and again but that's when you know they have battled with this for so long that the disguise cant be sustained. When you do see this, take note, it's because they have been so strong for so long. :hit1:
lin43
UKFM Newbie

Re: Too tired to explain anymore!

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri May 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Sorry, but that's not me.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby lin43 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Im happy to hear its not you SchroedingersCat...maybe I was too quick to assume we all feel like that. Just letting today's frustration roll over onto paper :-| x
lin43
UKFM Newbie

Postby Morrigan » Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 am

I can definitely relate.

I have just gotten too tired to try explain to doctors. I'm tired of being looked at like I'm just a hypochondriac.

But I will NOT give up! I WILL keep going!

x
Morrigan
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 am

I really don't think there is any point trying to explain a chronic health condition to other people. Pain and fatigue are such subjective things that no-one else can understand what you are experiencing. And I don't think this is unique to fibromyalgia. I know someone who has migraines...I have never had a migraine so I really don't know what it is like. It sounds very unpleasant, but I have only ever had 'normal' headaches so I can't really understand what she goes through. I have scoliosis and there are plenty of people on scoliosis forums who say no-one understands the pain they are in because of their spinal curves. I think every condition is the same...unless you have it, you don't understand. And even if you have the same condition as someone else, you may experience the symptoms differently anyway.

So I think it is best to accept that no-one can really understand how you feel and it is a waste of effort and energy to try to make them understand :-) Look after yourself, do what is right for you...and don't worry about what other people think :-)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 06, 2015 3:05 pm

I gave up trying to explain years ago. Now if anyone asks what illnesses I have I say to look it up it is easier to understand that way.

Living with ongoing illnesses we do not need to be defined by them, we are not the illness. Yes we live with them everyday but the illness is not who we are. Do what you can when you can, no explanation is needed.....maybe just, I am having a bad day. Usually people say well we all have them and they are right No need to justify yourself or explain.

A Dr once told me....other people's opinions are none of my business. In other words, don't worry about what others think.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby carolad » Wed May 06, 2015 6:09 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby lin43 » Tue May 12, 2015 8:16 am

Thank you for your words of understanding and encouragement ladies...im now taking the gloves off and giving up the fight. Im only beating myself up with anger, resentment, selfpity etc...acceptance and self love hasn't came easy. Im actually accepting my fibro as an annoying friend who keeps badgering at me, to look at things differently and to open my eyes to my world that i may never have noticed if this annoying friend had never stuck by my side. In today's society and the world's turmoil i actually feel priviliged where i sit, my compassion rings out to the sick, homeless, starving, dying, depressed people of this world that have to endure so much despair! I only have to endure pain... im not hungry, not homeless, not dying...I live in bonnie Scotland where i just have to look out my window and see the ben's, loch's, eagle's, lush green meadows (ok, it rains a bit but water is LIFE) full of wildlife. Big hug to you all, we all need strength and compassion regardless of what life deals us xx
lin43
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 am

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby cate » Fri May 29, 2015 9:35 am

Well this is defo me....... thanks for taking the time to (cant think of the word :crazy: ) write it love. Its brilliant and im gona print it off and send it to my family and friends....(that's if I can remember how to print off things :crazy: ).

Thankyou xxx
cate
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics