lots of news

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

lots of news

Postby whoami » Tue May 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Sorry I haven't been on in a while but lots has happened. I will short form things......

Terrible Dr who took me off 150 fentanyl giving me nothing for pain is now in the past.
She still can't find blood tests from Oct and insists I had none but I called lab and they gave exact date and had faxed them to her
Ended up in hospital and they wanted me back on fentanyl but I said there was no point as Dr would not prescribe.

Enter new Dr.....he actually worked with my old Dr of 27 years and I feel confident in Dr's again.
For the past few months I have been gaining 10lbs a month with no change in diet or lifestyle.
With no thyroid (cancer) I take eltroxin. My TSH came back at 0.13....low
Vit B12 at 108...low
MCH 33.8....high
Absolute monocytes.....1.5......high
Cholesterol. ...high, forget results.

New Dr phoned and wanted me on B12 immediately. We will discuss other tesults when I see him on fri. I hope TSH is the answer to weight gain if not I will ask for my pituitary to be checked. The other blood work......hubby is concerned the cancer may be back.

Anyway....we are very :-D to have a new Dr.

Went to the dentist and he confirmed that I had broken my jaw at some time. The only answer was when I had the accident at work and they never caught it as they were more concerned about the fracture in my neck, LOL.....no wonder I could not open my mouth much for a year. Extreme pain ...oh well I am still here and have no trouble yacking I am told... :lol:

Thanks for listening and I hope to respond to some other posts soon. Xx
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: lots of news

Postby Zia2014 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 am

Blimey! Glad you got a better doctor, it really can make all the difference. And very good luck on Friday x
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Wed May 06, 2015 2:51 pm

For those of us with ongoing illnesses having a great Dr is key to being able to cope. There are so many Dr's it seems that either brush patients aside or have not been educated enough in a certain illness but are unwilling to send you elsewhere.
To all of you dealing with a Dr that does not either respect your illness or does not listen have hope ....there are better ones out there.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Thu May 07, 2015 2:22 am

hi whoami

my sister had her thyroid removed and gained lots of weight

moved last August and had to register with new GP
have seen her twice
I miss my old GP
hope to build a good relationship with the new one
she just prescribed what the old did

thank God I know how to look after myself
will go for a review soon
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Thu May 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Fibro-lu, I just started gaining weight the past 5 months, 10 lbs a month. My thyroid was removed 4 years ago. This weight gain is unusual and the last time I gained weight was just before cancer diagnosis.

I hope your sister is doing well now, was hers cancer?
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 am

hi whoami
my head was probably still in the clouds, sorry
i do remember now that your operation was years back
i also do remember that you are well past menopause
so that can't be the reason either

hope you will find out why and get it under control again

as far as i know hers was not cancerous, overactive all her life
will ask her next time we speak

lots of love ❤
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon May 18, 2015 6:10 am

Hi Whoami, haven't been on in a while so haven't kept up with how things are with you and hubby. Sorry to hear that things haven't been good. here's to hoping that your new Doc gets to the bottom of your weight gain and that hubby isn't right in his thinking the cancer has returned . xx
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Iceskatemum wrote:Hi Whoami, haven't been on in a while so haven't kept up with how things are with you and hubby. Sorry to hear that things haven't been good. here's to hoping that your new Doc gets to the bottom of your weight gain and that hubby isn't right in his thinking the cancer has returned . xx

I hope the Dr can sort things....I am still gaining 2.5 lbs a week. My feet and legs have never swollen before, even in pregnancy. I now weigh a lot more than the day I gave birth to a 10lb baby, LOL! I was 11lbs 14 oz....maybe I am mean't to be big....NOT!
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics