The Angry Room

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Mr.A » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 am

Sorry to hear about that Anne, can't you complain?

I'm cheesed off because its 03:28. Why does that cheese me off? On Tuesday night I got 0 sleep, not a wink. So come Wednesday 14:30 I was knackered and went to sleep and didn't get up until midnight. I hate doing, I guess thats one more medication to strike off the list. I now have to wait till about 7-8pm by which time I'll be shattered then goto to sleep so that I can wake up for 8-9am the next day.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:04 am

How long have you been on the current meds combo? If you've given it at least a month and it's working this badly then maybe it's not the meds for you?
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:52 am

If you were refering to me, only about 3 days, however I've only come off my previous med after like 6 days because that wasn't working either.

Ya know what else pi**es me off about being noctural - you can't have any base on when watching TV shows or listening to music, which is just about all I get to do these days.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Some meds can take a while either to kick in or for you to work out how best to take them. Others need to be started at a low dose and then titrated up to the best therapeutic dose for you. With my meds, it took two weeks before I noticed any change and nearly 4 months to get up to the best dose for me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

airports

Postby princess » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:17 pm

sorry you had a bad time.
I found BA very good with me.
I have been all over the world with KLM, BA, Quantas.
I fought them (BA)for a window seat - disabled are not allowed at windows or doors as they dont have strength to open the doors in an emmergency??? And dont know why not window seats.
But if you sit at the back of the plane you can get a 2 or 3 seated area and then if in the window you can move about without bothering anyone.
Anyway i insist on a window seat and so far i have got one.
I get a wheelchair at each end and everyone has been very nice, however my friend works for BA and i get her to organise it.
Dont let it put you off going on holiay, and e-mail the Manager of Hotel befor eyou go stipulating your needs.
I ask for a quiet room that i can sleep during the day, but not one too far away that its distant, on ground floor unless they have a lift.
Hope you have a better time next time.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby daisybev » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm

i went on holiday and flew with KLM took my little leccy scooter right to the plane door and then they got it out for me to use at the other end..

You need to inform them I always ask for an aisle seat that way I can stretch and move round at the back of the plane is also a good place to be..near the loo and moving space with out upsetting/distrurbing too many people, although have you seen how some people control their children on planes? disgraceful.....

dont get me started im in the right room ...lol
daisybev
UKFM Member

angry room

Postby princess » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Hubby and i were watching that Programme where they come in and do over your house in l hour.
Top to bottom some of them.
They all seem to be one parent familes?
I get so annoyed, there are many one parents familes where the dad has walked, or he has died, or the kids are very ill, or there is disablement and do they gt help no!
But seems you need to be young and feel that life owes you something, get on a show and get your house updated whilset you spend your money on crap.
Sorry just annoys me so much
princess

I dont mean to offend any one parent family on the forum, not at all, but i get so annoyed at older teenagers get pregnant get council houses, they get money to keep them and its all poor them........................There are many women left with kids and they just have to get on with it. There is real problems up here in Scotland with druggies getting council houses and young unmarried women, that there are no houses left for a newly married couple. My daughter married 4 years and cant even get on the list and she is my carer and has moved down beside me, theefore she has to rent a estate house. Thats my bone!!!!
Last edited by princess on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby daisybev » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 pm

LMAO sorry i think my kids have applied to that show for my house but they wont say my hubby works 1oo's of hours a week for next to nothing and i cant no time or money for doing jobs in the hose I have a 40 yr old kitchen and no bathroom walls and a 1960's suit...lol

just do the plastering is all I ask..lol
daisybev
UKFM Member

Postby hammy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:01 am

i have 2 kids one hasn't spoken to me for 11 yrs because her partner and family don't want her 2 .

1 for 18 months because her step father was abusive and i had to move out to homeless unit and couldn't watch her son .this one is also pregnant now .

i have decided to let them get on with it as i have a new life new husband it is their loss.

i get angry then think what's the point .
hammy
UKFM Member

kids eh

Postby anne1206 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:31 am

Hi, Hammy, can sympathise with you there, when my daughter maarried a man 25 years older than her he totally cut her off from family and friends, that was eight years ago, my heart still breaks with it but I have to get on. my 26yr old son wont speak to me either because he doesnt like my hubby. but when I was seen out in wheelchair a rumour got out that I was dying and only had three weeks to live :cry: he phoned my other son crying, who of course put him right, but that was three months ago and he still hasnt contacted me, so my thoughts on this are that if he only wanted to contact me when he thought I was dying and not when I am just ill then he can just get on with it, some day they will mature enough to see the error of their ways, Good luck to you with new hubby, you live in a part of Scotland I have always wanted to see lucky you :D Take Care Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby daisybev » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:53 pm

i can empathise with you both although mine is a happier story my daughter had a relationship with an older man she was 16 he 30, things were fine till they moved in together then they rowed and she got pregant cos she didnt want to loose him then he moved her away so I couldnt see her or the baby .
I was beaten and had car windows smashed stolen from ect..

In the end 3 yrs later we spoke as I missed her so much she was so glad I had contacted her, so please try and make the effort its your child at the end of the day and I know as much as you dont like them you still love them and your heart breaks.
daisybev
UKFM Member

Postby anne1206 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:58 pm

So glad you got ahappy outcome daisybev, fraid to say I have tried , daughter seems to be totally brainwashed, and son gave me an ultimatum he would only speak to me if I left hubby, (no chance) Wouldnt mind if hubby had been bad to him,but I got married after kids left home and its hubby who looksafter me now, I continue to send birthday cards etc, and hope some day things will change,
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby daisybev » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:02 am

i hope you get a happy out come it really does break your heart you feel so torn but you are doing the right thing...

Stick to your guns girl.. hubby is the man who is there for you through thick and thin whist your children have to make their own lives to make or ruine.

You will always be Mum but never be doormat

sending you huggles xx
daisybev
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:43 pm

[quote="daisybev"]LMAO sorry i think my kids have applied to that show for my house but they wont say my hubby works 1oo's of hours a week for next to nothing and i cant no time or money for doing jobs in the hose I have a 40 yr old kitchen and no bathroom walls and a 1960's suit...lol

just do the plastering is all I ask..lol[/quote]

Well like i say people like yourself deserve any help that is available after all you have contributed to the system eh!

But one girl beside me wanted to be pregant, wanted a baby, so at 14 she had one (my heart broke for her) - but anyway she kept the baby and then applied for a council house - at the approp age she got a 3 bedroom house and pays very little rent - and gets all the benefits as she is very young, now has a lad staying with her, but as long as its not every night she still gets her benefits.
And she boasts about it.
Thats the type of gripe i have.

I hope you get on the programme and get a lovely house out of it - good luck and its so nice of your kids doing that for you - best wishes

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby daisybev » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Im actually not sure about it cos my hubby hates for anyone to do jobs that he is able to do himself.
He thinks every one does bodge jobs lol

so I cant see it happening...

I can understand him really he does do a darn god job if he gets the time, so the best thing I can do is try and stay positive and planned so we dont have any flare ups...(easier said than done) still gettting over falling over a week ago!!!

I know what you mean though
daisybev
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics