Postby jacque » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi everyone

Is there anybody taking pregabalin

jacque
jacque
UKFM Member

pregablin

Postby wendybo » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:32 am

hello, i have just started taking pregablin, im on 600mgs a day.
Are you taking it? :?:
wendybo

pregabalin

Postby jacquewalsh@btinternet.co » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi wendybo,

I have been on pregabalin now for 6 months, so far it seems to work, in the beginning it improved my sleep, i felt very awake in the morning instead of feeling that i have been beaten up all night! i was calmer & less painful, the doc isnt going to up my dose till i have gone for more blood test, which have to be done on my 5th day of my cycle, as i am in so much pain in my buttocks before my periods,

It does work, there is also another one, cant remember the name, but will find out & let u know.

I hope it works for you, it also controls any anxietys, so instead of being up or down, your just in the middle, i seem to cope better, but i also exercise, which improves your mind

Let me know how you get on

take care

jacque x
jacquewalsh@btinternet.co

pregablin

Postby wendybo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Hello. Sorry its taken so long to reply.
Im just coming out of a nightmare vertigo attack brought on by my TMJ, i ended up in hospital, not very nice. :evil:
I am having success with the Lyrica/pregablin, my pain levels are more manageable, although nothing seems to help the hip pains i get with Fibro.
It seems to have put me on a more steady, even keel. I would certainly be afraid to come off it, the pain before was driving me to distraction.
I still have bad stiffness and my balance has become very unpredictable, and at times dangerous.
I know that the Lyrica is a 'second generation' Gabapentin/Neurontin, apparently it has fewer side effects, although unfortunately the weight gain has been a side effect that has affected me, i look like i've eaten all the pies!
Do you know anything about Mirapex, it is used for Parkinsons disease, but it has had some success with Fibromyalgia sufferes in studys in America.
best wishes, Wendy
wendybo

Postby angel.vamp » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:42 pm

Hi am new here but have been on pregabalin for almost a year now and it has helped . Sadly i have also been on co-proxamol but am comming to the end on my supply :( . What other pain relief meds is everyone else taking? Everything else that i have tried i have had an allergic reaction too.
angel.vamp
UKFM Member

tablets

Postby jacque » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi angel.vamp

I dont take any other tablets, i do stretching exercises everyday & ride a bike 3 times a week, & change your diet, its a very slow process, but if you stick to it, it will benefit you in the long run,

good luck

jacque x
jacque
UKFM Member

Postby angel.vamp » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks Jacque Tell me what kind of foods do you use. I am rather careful with my diet (i know i need to lose a few lbs but i am trying) as i am also diabetic and have problems with my stomach due to taking ibuprofen
too much excerise is out too due to having brittle bones and am attending physio once a week. :? Honestly if i was am animal they would have put me down years ago. :lol:
angel.vamp
UKFM Member

Postby jacque » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi angel vamp

Sorry i didnt get back sooner, how is bonnie scotland, i used to live in whitfield as a kid

Anyway, i hope you are feeling ok today, i didnt go on a diet or anything, i just changed my eating habits, i cut out most of the carbohydrates, & just had complex carbs, plenty of protein fruit & veg & most important 2 litres of water aday, which i found very hard to do, so i leave little bottles of water in ever room, & sip at them when i go in there (its better than no water at all, then you have to exercise, i stretch ever day for 45 mins (you start of with 10mins) & ride an exercise bike 3 times aweek, with the bike i only started with 8 mins, now i do 30 mins, but fast so i can sweat which improves your sleep plus makes you happy, still get depressed but nothing how i used to, it is really hard, & it isnt overnight, i have had fm now for 6 yrs, have been taken of all the old fashioned tablets & now taking pregabalin, you probly think you cant do this, i did, but you can it really does help, also cut out caffeine & alchol, if you cant afford a personel trainer, go to your local sport centre, they will be able to help you

Good luck, let me know how you get on

jacque x
jacque
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics