[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie - awaiting diagnosis

Newbie - awaiting diagnosis

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie - awaiting diagnosis

Postby SallyL » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 pm

SallyL
UKFM Newbie

Postby mistyblu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:28 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby SallyL » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

SallyL
UKFM Newbie

Postby claire edwards » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 pm

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby SallyL » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 pm

SallyL
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 pm

If you have a look you can find the info on the local support group... they should be able to help out with info.

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:03 pm

coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby suep » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:53 pm

suep
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm

what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby SallyL » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks for all the kind words of support. I'm trying my very hardest to remain positive, and at the sme time forget all about my recent GP visit. However, my brain refuses to stop stewing over everything, and I'm currently feeling like a complete lunatic!

I had my blood tests this morning, and had the 'misfortune' to see what the 'lovely' doctor had written about me: I quote, 'has decided she has Fibromyalgia'. This, obviously, did nothing to make me feel any better about things, as I believe my words were actually something along the lines of, 'I think I might possibly have Fibromyalgia, and would appreciate it if you'd be able to offer advice as to how I go about investigating this further'.

To make me feel even worse, I then discovered that said doctor has already retired, only goes in once a week, and is no longer my designated GP anyway, so if I hadn't addressed my letter concerning Narcolepsy admin stuff to her in the first place, I might instead be here writing glowing words about the wonderful, supportive doctor I'd just seen!!

Oh well, we'll see what happens with the blood tests, and the meantime I'm going to instruct my brain to just give it a rest, and do something more positive such as getting in touch with some local contacts. It turns out that the husband of one of the Accessibility people I saw today has FM, so gave me some leaflets and lots of empathy (plus a good amount of outrage about how I'd been treated, which helped immensely!).

OK, happy thoughts time...
SallyL
UKFM Newbie

Postby wazz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Sally,

So glad you got on so much better with your Thursday appt re accessibility - should make you realise you weren't at fault, if so you wouldn't have got on with these folk, and so glad they were able to help. You can make an appt with any of your GP practice doctors - see if you can find one who is ,ore sympathetic to long term conditions. If you could see a rheumatologist that would hopefully help a diagnosis too.

Good luck with your studies

wazz
wazz
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics