[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - On my forehead

On my forehead

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

On my forehead

Postby princess » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:56 pm

I have this problem, well its not such a problem to me, but you see i have 'talk to me' tatooed onto my forehead.
You cant see it but im sure some people do see it.
I sit on a bus and folk talk to me.
I stand in a queue and i get someones problems
It happens everywhere, all over the place.

It used to really get me down, me that worked in Social Work :oops: - then i spoke to my Minister about this why does it happen. I have all these people talking personally to me, they give me their life story and all their problems.

I guess im a good listener eh

This very kind Minister said you know ? you have a gift and you should be happy to have it. There are people who never have visitors or never see anyone for weeks at a time, they need people like you - its a gift dont hate it.

so there you are i now know i have 'talk to me on my forehead' but do i care no not at all.

After all now i am the one who is in the house, day after day, unless i have someone to go out with who can drive - and i know that i would be happy for anyone to talk to me now.

anyone else the same?

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:05 am

I'm exactly the same, but why does it always seem to be the er... well... slightly odd people who always talk to me?
I always get the weirdo or the old drunk! :lol:

I guess I dont really mind & I hate it when some people completely ignore someone for looking or acting a little strangely, so I will respond if I'm spoken to- even if its just with a carefully polite distracted smile & nod.

I think if you are a naturally empathetic person it must show.

Corinne x
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:55 am

Couldn't agree more. When I was a pub manager I used to get people telling me all sorts of things... half of which I didn't want to know :shock: :D

I've still got the sign on my forehead and I'm often quite glad of a chat these days, but like Corinne, there are some very strange people out there who think I'm their best mate.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

forehead

Postby anne1206 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Strange illness this, we can all relate to being glad when someone calls so we can have a chat, I am just glad I have talk anytime on my phone or the bill would be unthinkable :? but there is also days when I just want my own company :roll: when I was fit I also had the SIGN :!: but always enjoyed listening or to chat, but I do find now that I can only go out in wheelchair that I have suddenly become invisible :cry: seems to me that us caring people that are the ones afflicted with fibro. :cry:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:47 pm

That would seem to agree with the people who think there is a hormonal component to this illness. Maybe that's why people with FM are the more careing type of person.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

depression

Postby princess » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:19 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby suep » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:25 pm

I just have to agree with Corinne about attracting any passing weirdo's, my DH thinks it's hilarious how they always talk to me. The latest was when I was collecting a suitcase Id leant to my son, I was wheeling it back to my car and this odd looking lady came up and asked where Id brought the wheels for my suitcase !! I told her Id brought it like that, I dont think she believed me lol.

My daughter has the same problem I think. She was dancing in a club on Saturday night and couldn't shake off the local weirdo who kept trying to put his arms round her for a dance , she couldnt get rid of him lol
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

This weirdo better shut up then :shock:
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics