Still coughing

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Still coughing

Postby princess » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Well this is me now 4 weeks since chest infection diagnosed - two heavy antibiotics + penicillian and im still coughing and sound crackling!
I have Dr at 4.10 to see whether i need to go to hospital for x-ray etc.,
So a few prayers please as i still feel terrible.
The only good side is that on anti-biotics i have no pain!!!! - thats interesting in itself eh
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby juliet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:01 pm

good luck princess, will be thinking of you... hope they can sort this out for you and not leave you coughing and spluttering any more!

gentle hugs! xx
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby SAT » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:58 pm

hi
hope your visit to the docs goes well. but the other point you mentioned about the antibiotics, i too find when i am taking antibiotics my pain is almost zero, my gp said there was no reason for this to happen but obviously there is if the same thing happens to you. an interesting find!
SAT
UKFM Member

coughing

Postby princess » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Well guess what the infection is still in my lung, so another week of antibiotics, and canastan for you know what!!!
Anyway if i am still coughing next Friday then she will make an appointment for me to see someone up at our local Hospital in Aberdeen.
This was a newly qualified laldy Dr who is helping out our small practice, she is so nice and says she knows a lot about Fibro and ME - i did mention that i have very little pain and she said yes we know about, but it dosent affect every one.
Seemingly its part of their studies ME and Fibro although she said they did more on ME.
So it was nice to speak to someone who actually is sensitive to our illness.
So relax take it easy for another week, dont put yourself in with any viruses or colds etc., and ill see you next Friday.
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics