The quiet empty loniliness of the night

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:43 am

I know this is going to sound trite and I don't mean it to it's just I can't think of any other way to put it :roll: You have to look for ways to break out of the prison Mr A.

Obviously a lot of it is caused by FM, it puts some heavy restraints on us both physically and mentally, but some of it is down to the way we think about it as well.

I fight a constant battle with myself, part of me wants to give up and say it would be easier not to do stuff but I refuse to give in and I get on with things always allowing for pain etc. It's a lot easier for me as I have children so I refuse to let them have a mother who doesn't take them to school etc, although there are a lot of things I can't do with my youngest that I used to with the other 2... going to the park etc.

You also have to find ways round things, other ways of doing stuff... a boring example but I go shopping everyday... I wouldn't be able to handle one big shop so I do it in bits and it gets me out and walking for half an hour a day (all be it hanging on to the trolley)

I've also found that helping on 2 fibro websites helps me feel better about myself as well as trying to help others feel better as well.

I'm probably a heck of a lot older than you (I'm def a lot older than Dan) :D which also helps, as I've had a bit of a life already but I'm now a 50 year old with 3 kids to look after (youngest is 5) so life ain't a bowl of cherries (or even a box of chocolates :P ) I'm in pain every day and on more meds than a hospital full of people but I refuse to give in to it... it's not going to beat me.

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

exersize

Postby cat123 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:39 pm

im a fibro sufferer of a long time,but have also cared for cancer patients,and lost family to cancer.there are times in my past that felt like i was a prisoner,with this condition.And felt in the depths of despair,but ive come through the bad times,fought the battle,if you dont fight,we do get even more pain,ive just finished hydro treatment,before this ,i thought i was finished,i had hit the bottom,i wont say more,i went though sheer hell with this treatment,,but i stuck the treatment out,got mobile.

Even though the treatment ended,due to not having a warm pool any where near,i do most of these exersizes in the bath,if i dont im going back to near imobility.This exersize,im talking about,is just get your limbs underwater,move whatever limb, 5 times,get your neck under water,move it side to side,back woods, forwards,move your ankles backwards forwards ,round and round,bring your knees to chest,also,reach your arms up,and side to side,push your stomack forward ,up and down again,it helps your back,when out of bath move your legs outwards, and forwards ,just move your body,yes it hurts,but not as much as if you dont keep limbs mobile.You can even do this in the shower,maybe standing on a good thick towel.even your hands will benifit from being under water to move them,

It will eventuallypay off ,ok its not as good as hydro,but it certainly helps with acute pain,the pain you end up in through lack of movement.Dont refuse small dose antidepession treatment,it help put your sleep back to pattern.Im still in pain,but not as bad as previous,theres a massive differance in acute pain,and normal fibro pain,ive just gone through 2 and a half years of acute,mindblowing,ready to jump off nearest cliff, pain,but now i know i can help myself,Im not going there again!!

Im going as far as to say ,yet again,hydro treatment should be our first treatment ,bebore we Get stiff.All newbies,nag for this treatment.If they havent got it local to you,tell your mp,and demand your rights............And yes your gps are right,about exersize,but only if its in hot water,because its easyier to move this way,and less painful..........cat.
cat123
UKFM Member

mrA

Postby princess » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Sleep.
Bedded at ll last night - fell asleep.
Then.............................yeh wait for it, 4 time up to the loo and needed to go too hahah - had cramp in left leg so had to get up, then i took a drink of water and it went down the wrong way.
Waht a night it certainly dosent improve your mental stamina to not get the sleep we were used to.
But well ill up my meds tonight and that will ensure i sleep better for at least tonight.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hammy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:53 pm

It is very offensive ,

At least we know we have a future no matter how painfull it may be , we can still do things just hurts more and takes longer .

I have someone who will swap places with u any day ,my 11 grandaughter as we dont know what her life span will be . would u rather live that way .

i know i find that hard to live with,i wish i could swap places not to make things better for me but to give her a life .

unless u have dealt with cancer through family or friends u have no idea what the suffering is like

rivka
hammy
UKFM Member

hammy

Postby princess » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Dear Hammy

Very sorry to hear about your granddaughter - that must be so hard for the family.#
Its hard enough with someone older like my Dad, but a child.
Yes we would all swop places for any child, well at least i would -so i send my love to you and your family and hope the future is at least all you can make it.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hammy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 pm

thanks is not cancer it a syndrome they call cockaynes syndrome but her life spam could be teenage years up . she has severe learning difficulties and more common sense than me sometimes , we just go from test to test say what grade she is . but sadly whatever it is she will have a difficult life no matter how long .

at least it makes me stop thinking of me , lollol lol lol .

i am going into hops i hope january no sooner i need another ear op same ear and the outcome is i may hear again in that ear i may have no hearing. but it nothing compared to Megan's life .

rivka
hammy
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:38 pm

My daughter came to us at 6 weeks old, severe heart condition and other things - we wre given a year - she is now 26 married and a Staff Nurse in hospice.
She has bad dyslexia but she is very determined like me, so with a little help from me and her new hubby she passed all her exams, got 7 o's 3 intermed, 2 highers and then her diploma to be a nurse.
I am a very proud mum, to have been given the chance to love her and see her grow up.
Babies she wants now, 4 years married but they? her heart, so thats our latest.
So i appreciate maybe just a little bit of things.................but if you need an ear please speak to myself or others it helps to just speak about things.
I have a Heart condition, came with the illness, and i need the operation but they wont do me because of the ME/Fibro - but well i am here and i just try and get on with what god has given me.
Sending fibro ()s to you
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hammy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:59 pm

thank you

ayt the moment in a flare up very tired , but from march for 3months im going to do a psychology course if i can do that i aim to do the degree through open university ,

so we all have to keep fighting as hard as we can ,i for one wont be beaten.

i think with fibro we have to fight every day .
hammy
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Thats the secret of this illness it changes you, it changes your life, we cant do what we did, but we do what we never thought of before.
I know its difficult for the younger ones and i appreciate it, but i think we oldies are more deytermined in our normal lives, we dont give up easily eh
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Fog woman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi Daniel,

I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time at the moment. I totally understand what you are going through, as many others do on this forum.

A few years ago I was finding it very hard to cope with my fibro, every little detail of my life was overwhelming, what with the pain, fatigue, etc. I actually believe I had a break down, which also cost me my relationship.

I knew I had to take action & get some help, which wasn't easy due to my GP not understanding very much. I started amitriptyline to help with pain & sleep, but I had it put up for my depression which was the saver for me. My partner & I are back together & life is that bit easier. I'm not saying medication is the answer for everyone, but it helped me.

I still battle with my sleep pattern this fibro has made me turn night into day.
Fog woman
UKFM Member

quiet

Postby anne1206 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:16 am

Its awfully quiet at this time in the morning :( lots of rubbish on tv too :( Started Noritriptylene tonight so was hoping for a wee sleep but as you see its not happening :evil: hubby in bed snoring away wish I could sleep like that. why is it that when its the middle of the night I fel sorry for myself, I dont normally have that kind of feeling :cry: but what I wouldnt give for one nights sleep :cry:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

hi

Postby princess » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Hammy - dont i know you from somewhere???
Do you know someone called Rikva??? who lives in orkney??
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hammy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 pm

i did think u realised who it was ,rivka not a popular name

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hammy
UKFM Member

sleep

Postby princess » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 pm

No not at all - didnt even connect your home.

princess :roll:
princess
UKFM Regular

hi

Postby beverley » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:55 pm

sorry to hear yr so fed up chick i know how u feel until uv got this illness u cant understand my thoughts are with u babe cum bk to me take care xx :oops:
beverley
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics