[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The quiet empty loniliness of the night

The quiet empty loniliness of the night

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cat123 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:28 am

Just an after thought,heres a list of my probs
fibro ,over 20 years
m.e,over 20 years
o.arthritus.feet knees hips,spine,kneck.!) 10 years
foot deformity.since birth
recant histerexomy
virtgo
anklosing spondilitus

And im not in that BED yet,and never will be..............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 pm

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Ouchy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 pm

I expect all of us have had to make major changes to our lifestyles and many of us have other conditions to add to the long list of the symptoms of fibro but personally I think some people need to stop, think and learn to be grateful for all the things they have been able to do in their past and to be grateful for all the things they can still do.
Ouchy
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 pm

I wish my nights were more lonely keep hearing people and banging of kitchen cupboards at night -spoke to nurse today and shock her head said it was all in my head, still suffering from the after effects from my steriod treatment which can last sometimes up to a year.
thats find I can cope just wish the people in my kitchen would bring me a hot drink up now and then- yes I know there not real but they are real to me.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 pm

cat123
UKFM Member

Postby juliet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Juliet xxx

Happiness is not getting what you want, it is being content with what you have.
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:07 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:09 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

help

Postby princess » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:13 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby juliet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:14 am

Juliet xxx

Happiness is not getting what you want, it is being content with what you have.
juliet
UKFM Member

Postby roofus_mcdoofus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:50 am

Mr A,

I know we all get down and depressed and I have often thought in the past that it would be easier for everyone if I wasn't here anymore but I can't help but feel that you're expecting to become worse and bedridden and in a way you're sort of willing it to happen, do you get me? You don't know what the future is going to hold for you, it might be bad it might be good, it might even be the same.

I've always thought that it's worse mentally for the younger folk here because we have our lives ahead of us, our dreams, our aspirations but the one thing that gets me through is the determination to fulfill them one day.

Some people believe that fibro is purely physical but it's far from it, you have to train your brain to deal with it and for me it's been the most trying part of it. Your posts make me sad and I just wish that you could see the positives more than the negatives. :( I do hope you are ok. I'm sure you don't want to talk to me about things but the offer is always there :)

x x
roofus_mcdoofus
UKFM Member

Postby roofus_mcdoofus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:52 am

Oh and Juliet I always listen to talk sport in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. They touch on pressing matters and most of the callers are hilarious. (not on purpose I'll have you know)
Hope you sleep better tonight!! x x x x
roofus_mcdoofus
UKFM Member

Postby star » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:10 am

Same here Juliet - hope you get a good few hours tonight.
Have you tried sleeping pills?
My doc gave me a week's supply and said that some people can get into a better sleeping pattern when the seven days are up.
I won't lie - it didn't work for me (even when I was taking the tablets) but it might help you establish a new pattern.
Good luck tonight anyway.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics