I am also new here

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am also new here

Postby taffeeapple » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi everyone, didnt know where to introduce myself, been looking at everyones comments on different subjects, so thought it was bout time i registered.
I was diagnosed about 6weeks ago, so knew to all of this, doc was really quick in diagnosing me, but i have been complaining for quite a while, i aslo have osteoarthritis, right through my body, the only thing that wasnt hurting is my bum :oops: but then went to docs and said thats even hurting now, then he asked me where else was hurting so told him everywhere, then he diagnosed me with fibro.
I have about 16 tender spots, he said go and look it up on the internet, well that was depressing, but at least i am getting some treatment, waiting to go to rheumy doc, sos bout spelling lol

Bet that be forever. I am glad that you have this forum, because i can relate to a lot of your problems and its good to know that i am not the only one going thru this rubbish.

:wink: carolinex
I like to shake it, but the fibro does it for me.
taffeeapple
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi Caroline and welcome to the forum, so sorry you have FM though :(

Hope you find us friendly and helpful. If you have any questions just ask and someone will be alon to help.

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shewhosings » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Caroline :)
shewhosings

Postby cat123 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi caroline wecome to the forum,when folk on here see how quick your dr was they will want to flock there yippee!!! a dr who knows the condition!!! have you read on here how many gp s remain ignorant?Im so glad you have a gp that is up to the mark,thats half the battle.Im a poor sap who was in the wilderness ,ive had fibro 20 odd years,for much of that time i was alone ,knowbody ,even top docters had heard of it,today is very differant,thank god,this country has never done reseach,canada has allways researched it and are begining to find real answers now,a blood test is the latest thing ,they have come up with to prove we have the condition,god knows how long it will take this country to do this test here.But here i wait,as i have done for a long time,to actualy prove its not all in my head...........cat :)
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:15 am

Hello Caroline, welcome to Fibro. Hope your stay is as painless as possible.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Fog woman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the land of fibromyalgia hope the forum helps & also gives support. :lol:
Fog woman
UKFM Member

Postby juliet » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 pm

awesome name! he he he ill have to remember that one!
Juliet xxx

Happiness is not getting what you want, it is being content with what you have.
juliet
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics