[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - velvet goes chav!

velvet goes chav!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

velvet goes chav!

Postby velvet » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:42 pm

i have given in - it was tesco's fault! they are selling some "yoga work out " type tops and bottoms both together for £8. i look awful but they are comfortable and cheap - and its not like i am going anywhere special.................in fact i might buy a couple more sets next week lol
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Thats got to look better than my husbands jogging bottoms,i cant stand tight clothes they hurt,weird that is,another fibro hidden symptom,im off to tesco ................cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 am

go for it - at least i wont be the only one. hey maybe we can start a new fashion club "the fibro chavs" lol
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:22 pm

I can't stand tight clothes on either and as soon as I get in the house im into my pj's, get some funny looks when people call in the afternoon and I'm there with pj's on tho but they are comfortable....maybe I shud go get the tesco things and join the club lol

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

matalan

Postby princess » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm

I buy Matalan elastic waisted trousers, blue, black and brown - they are so easy washed dry quickly and really comfortable at £8 well worth having and my daughter bought some and swears by them now and she is only 26.
Just an idea for you.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 am

Am off to tesco too. :lol: Hope we don't all turn up in the lounge wearing the same gear and the waiters mix all our drink orders up because we all look the same! :lol:
Asked (yes really) for a yoga mat as a gift and got it, so I will definitely have to start classes now! It's a true saying - 'be careful what you wish for, it might just come true' - so serves me right! Seriously, I went years ago and loved it so I hope it will help my oa and fibro now.
Before those classes I tried to teach myself from a book. One day I was lying on the bedroom floor trying really hard to follow the written insructions - correct breathing and all that sort of stuff. I would go into position and then have a wee peek at the page and then incorporate the next step . . . . I was getting on like a wee house on fire! Until . . . . I looked at the book and it read 'now lie down on the floor' :lol: Bit late for that - I'd been so enthusiastic and yet I still got it totally wrong from the start! Haven't a clue what prompted me to lie on the floor in the first place although it could have been laziness! :roll:
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby lynn_east » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm

I all way's wear jogging pant indoors i get them from sainsburys £6 or 8 i can't remember,i find the seam's on clothes really hurt if they are tight, night clothes are the worst i just get all setttled down and they strart digging in me so i end up tossing and turning :( all night.
Husband say's take them of :wink: i'm not fooling for that one :) i have a headache, neckache, backache, and everyother ache going :lol:
lynn
lynn_east
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Lynn I am exactly the same about the seams on clothes at night- and yes, thats my hubby's response too :lol:

He always (jokingly) complains about me fidgeting to get comfy as I sommth out the creases & move the seams over etc until I can lie almost comfortably. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:52 pm

:lol: Can imagine my hubby using those very words, lynn_east and Corinne! :lol:

Seriously, I am always careful about what I wear in bed too. I could sell beautiful satin pjs! I don't wear them because the material doesn't stretch enough when I am shuffling about and they make me too hot.

Still haven't got to Tesco yet - hope you lot have left some for me!
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

I think we all look for the easiest to wash, easy to wear clothes.
for years i walked about in white trainers, cause they were the only things i could tolerate on my feet.
I have no arches so i need to buy shoes and then take any insoles at the arch out.
I found that one make of trainers i could lift the sole and take the rubber bit out.
I wore them for years.
Then i found Whoopeee!!!!! that M&S do a very lightweight, bendable shoe, so i have 3 pairs all different, one for winter and a nice pair for going out anywhere and another daily pair - i got them for xmas and birthday pressies as i couldnt affod them with no wages.
Trousers from Matalan and my polo necks are years old but very comfortable.
No buttons, no laces, just easy to wear.
We are all doing the same thing eh
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm

M&S 'shoe gloves' walking shoes for me too. My mum bought me mine!

I have about 6 or 8 velour jogging suits from Matalan and Primark. I wear these about the house when I make an effort to get washed and actually take off my pj uniform.
star
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Arent they just wonderful the Shoe Gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics