macmillan wants fuel help for cancer sufferers

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

macmillan wants fuel help for cancer sufferers

Postby velvet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/healt ... -22169851/

ok i am probably wrong but this article has made me feel really angry. i am not saying those with cancer shouldnt recieve help i want to know what about the rest of us with chronic health problems and disabilities - fibro and anything else.

there is a bit in there where a cancer suffer explains how her heating bills doubled for 6 months whilst she recouperated - how about having your bills doubled for LIFE because you cant recouperate?

ok i accept that macmillan is a cancer charity and it has to look out for cancer first but wouldnt a better headline have been "macmillan calls on disability charities to band together and get heating allowance for the chronically ill and disabled"
velvet
UKFM Regular

mac millan wants fuel help for cancer sufferers

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm

i was saying yesterday to my hubby that i am dreading my gas bill,and that we should get help towards our winter gas bill and electric for people who use electric heating too,for prople who are cronicly sick,and disabled,

exuse my spelling my brain is on a go slow today just like my compter :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:20 pm

no worries we all have days like that - my delete key sees more use than any other key lol.

i just think that the charities should be sticking together to campaign for help, not hilighting their own particular group.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Beowulf1976 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:30 pm

too true, so many times does one charity fight for a global cause and not include all the others that are fighting too in their press releases.

It wouldn't hurt to list the middle man or the underdogs now and again, tis about time we all got some recognition.
"That is not my Cow!"....."Where is my Cow?!"

I am me, plain and simple in more than one sense of the words! ;)
Beowulf1976
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:04 pm

My hubby is retired and he got his winter fuel payment, and it went on 1/4 a tank of kero - and i need heat as im freezing all the time.
Yes Cancer victims need help ,but so do we.
princess
UKFM Regular

help with heating

Postby ellen b » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:32 pm

i will put my two penneth in. I think that all the energy suppliers should provide fuel at prices that everyone can afford. These companies make so much profits on the misery of others. It should not matter whether you are ill or old or on a low income the basics should be affordable. I will now get off my soapbox. Take care everyone, stay warm and keep your thermals on.
ellen b
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics