first time on forum

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

first time on forum

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi folks, just thought I would pop in and say, hello.
I was surfing the interweb and found your site and after reading some of your comments, have come to the conclusion, that I am not suffering on my own and that this is a very informative site. My health went down hill while I was in the army over 14 years ago after suffering a Bad Quincy [throat infection] followed soon after a with a kidney infection. The first down to 8 trips to the medic who told me I should gargle with Aspirin, 8 times. The idiot nearly killed me! It took a long time for one doctor [3 years ] to diagnose me with ME leading to now added Fibromalgia, which I have to say is getting worse as I get older, [49]
Anyway, I have heard there may be a new drug available in 2009, does anyone know about this? At the moment I take daily, Tramadol, Liorisol and Metacloprimide for the constant nausia.

Keep your spirits up folks, and a BIG THANK YOU to my long suffering wife , Jeanette xxx
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Hya trev

This forum as been a godsend to me ive only been a member a couple of months but its just nice to drop in and feel there is others who are going through the same as yourself. Every one on here is really friendly and if you ask advice there is always someone who will give you an answer. sammi :)
sammi
UKFM Member

hi

Postby beverley » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm

hi there trev hows it goin love this site is so helpfull wen yr feelin down cos partners try and understand but cant always help hope you find us all helpfull lots of hugs from bev xxxxx
beverley
UKFM Member

first time on forum

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Beverly and sammi, thanks for the reply. Hope you are having a good day and may it last. I was reading about the new drug and looked at the side effects. They seem quite scary to say the least. Has anyone tried them and if so, did you suffer many side effects.??
Trev :? :?
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:04 pm

We may have the first med to get marketing approval in the EU this year. But all these are already available.

Btw, metoclopramide is a dopamine antagonist (it works against dopamine). Unless you are taking a dopamine agonist as well (as I am) it could be making your Fibro worse as low dopamine is a big issue with Fibro.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

dopamine puzzling

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi to Linzworld, Thanks for the info. Do you mean that taking metaclopramide as an anti sickness drug can be more harmful than good. Not that it does much to relieve the nausia anyway.
:? :?
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Its effects on the Fibro through reducing dopamine activity should at least be considered.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

first time on forum

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 pm

hi trev glad you have joined us not been on here long myself but everyone is friendly :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

dopamine

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Thanks for that, seems I don't know very much about my drugs. I have been taking the same concoction for years now just taking my GPs advice.
Do I need to increase my dopamine level and if so, How?
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

first time on forum

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 pm

i take tramodol paractomal.lyrica/amptriptline citoprami would ring your dr up or go and see him to make sure ,i know it can be confusing it makes it worse with the dreded brain fog i for get what the dr said a after hes told me something
:) :roll:
jeannie45
UKFM Member

just to say hi

Postby ellen b » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi Trev welcome to the network. I joined recently and it s a great support . I have tried various combinations at the moment I'm on about 20 different drugs one of them is used for diabetic neuropathy but seems to be helping and of course tramadol & co-drydamol can sometimes take the edge off. I am keeping fingers crossed that new drugs or treatments are more successful. Take care. Ellen
ellen b
UKFM Member

dopamine confusion

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks Jeannie, must tell you that I have tried amitrypaline and cipripam and they just made me even more sick [nausious] I take tramadol also and although it takes the edge off, it's not perfect especialy on bad days.
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

newbie to the forum

Postby jeannie45 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:57 pm

hi trev i have just started on theae new pain killers[ what a name to give them] so i dont know yet if they are any good .i dont think we will ever be pain free,but it does get you down sometimes but we have to get on with it its not easy :) :roll:
Last edited by jeannie45 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeannie45
UKFM Member

drug concoctions

Postby trev » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Cheers Ellen B, it's nice to talk to so many people who know what I am talking about. I have tried all sorts over the years including LIORISOL muscle relaxant and find, combined with the TRAMADOL, can most times have a positive effect.
Am I the only guy on this forum? surely not. Since this mostly effects women, I have yet to talk to another guy about this.
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

first time on forum

Postby jeannie45 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:04 am

hi trev if you click on the members list on the home at the top it will tell you all the members that are all on this forum iv seen a name that could be a male, MR A you could check it out :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics