[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - first time on forum

first time on forum

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby trev » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah know what you mean Jeannie, but as you say, just got to keep at it and not let it get us down so much. Gonna sign out for tonight folks, thank you all for your advice it is much appreciated. xx
Hope to catch up again tomorrow.
Bye from dreary cold Belfast :( :P :roll:
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

new to forum

Postby jeannie45 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 am

nite :)nite
Last edited by jeannie45 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby trev » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am

Cheers Jeannie, catch you soon. Goodnight
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am

wecome to the forum trev,yes theres other men,one only asked last week where all the men were!More women than men get fibro,but men do come and post on the site,you will soon see them.take care,..........cat ,female
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:46 am

Yes, dopamine levels need to be boosted but you can't take dopamine as a straight supplement as it can't cross the barrier between the blood and the brain. You can take meds that boost dopamine, such as Pramipexole and Acupan. But Pramipexole especially isn't suitable for everyone.

Also, the autonomic arousal of Fibro from whatever reason may lead to the low dopamine, so treating the autonomic arousal, or something that is causing the autonomic arousal, may allow dopamine levels to become more normal. Hence using drugs like Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Clonazepam.

And treating the poor sleep helps with this too - hence using meds like amitriptyline.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Trev and welcome ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 am

Hiya Trev and a very warm welcome to the site :D
Strawberry
UKFM Member

new

Postby greenlady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 pm

greenlady
UKFM Newbie

nice welcome

Postby trev » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:02 pm

it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby glitterywings » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 pm

glitterywings
UKFM Member

sleeping in is a luxury

Postby trev » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:40 pm

it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

Postby glitterywings » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:54 pm

glitterywings
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:52 am

LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby glitterywings » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:14 am

glitterywings
UKFM Member

medication problems

Postby trev » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Debbie. I have really only been diagnosed for a couple of years now bwcause my GP who has now left the practice, diagnosed me with ME when no one else would or could give me an answer. Overall, I have been ill for around 15 years or so. When I first took ill, I went semi paralised down my left side and only really got back the use couple of years ago. Now, I am always tired, always sore to varying degrees and suffer quite a lot with nausia. I also have the dreaded brain fog and tenderness around tendons and joints hurt. I sleep like cr%$ and cant understand why my poor wife is still sane and with me. :o
I have been also diagnosed as having CEREBRAL DISRYTHMIA, work that one out. Just made an appointment to see Doc on Monday to see if I can get review on my medication after joining this forum, I am a bit wiser. {thanks folks} :lol: Today, I am having a lot of neck and sholder pain and feeling a bit sick, otherwise I am great! :lol:
It makes such a difference to be able to talk on this site, It takes your mind off other things that get in the way.

TREV XX
it helps to talk
trev
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics