[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What next, how about some good luck!

What next, how about some good luck!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What next, how about some good luck!

Postby princess » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Since Christmas

Daughter in law in hospital for emergency operation
Hubby down with influenza.
Land registry wont accept our new division of land - so lawyers in again.
Explosion in village, we lost our Hotel and Butchers.
Post Office and general store closed on 27/12/08
My daughter was in car accident last night, she is ok, but the fuel lines in her car are gone, she hit a rock on road.
(Thank god she was ok)- we can get the car fixed but she was going at 70mph on dual coming home from work, she is a Nurse

Honestly is it just me but you wonder what the hell next
(sorry dont mean to be a moaner)

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

whats next

Postby jeannie45 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:24 pm

hi princes well im glad your daughter was ok ,you have had a lot of bad luck
i think thats it now for you dont you think ,and the good luck will flow.

sounds like a song
jean :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm trying to really count my blessings atm. The FMA UK Regional Coordinator in my area (who is a lovely lovely lady) lost her mother last spring, her husband died after an 18 month battle with MRSA a couple of months ago and her only daughter died in a road accident just before Christmas. :shock: I can't even begin to imagine how horrific that must be. I sometimes think my husband and I are really unlucky - we're always having things like cars go wrong and having minor accidents, illnesses, job worries, etc, but this made me feel so lucky to have everyone I love alive.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby ellen b » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Hi I hope that 2009 is a better year for us all. 2008 is a year I would prefer to be selective about what I remember. Take care.

:D
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Yes even although i am still ill, i count my blessings that i have my family here with me.
I lost my Mum, Dad and sister all in November year after year.
so although bad luck seems to be here just now, i pray to god that this year will be better.
As long as we are all here thats what matters eh.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:35 pm

You are so right princess. Life is about getting our priorities right. However what a c**p time you have had. You are normally always so upbeat and cheerful so things must be bad if you are feeling down.
Hope things settle down for you and yours. I sincerely hope your family has a more peaceful time in 2009.
Every good wish and good luck from me.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

next

Postby princess » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics