[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Im gutted

Im gutted

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Im gutted

Postby cat123 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi,you know how much ive hyped on of how much hydro therapy helped me,my treatment ended in early oct, ive been back for a new phiso assessment hoping to get more hydro therapy,due to my acute pain begining to come back,but fat chance,listen to this,due to funding there has to be 6 month inbetween your next treatment for hydro,so thats me in unessarsary pain for anoher 3 months.Even phiso said its barmy,hes going to push it for me.This new phiso is most interested in fibro,and he gave me a new exersize ive not done before to stenthen your spine and neck well ive been in agony since,grrrrr,I told this phiso,that despite for years of having all exersizes from differant phiso,s over the years,nothing helped me as much as hydro treatment,so he said ,theres something not quite right here,too right i said,so his thery is ,lets me work with you i like a challenge.He is saying that im either doing the wrong exersize or TOO much exersize......................doh.............watch this space.
Thanks to the new exersize ive done,it feels like someone stabbed me in the neck,and is also twisting the knife for good measure.
Why cant the medical proffesion bloody listen.............from a bad tempered .............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Cat

Sorry you can't get back to the Hydro straight away. I know how you feel as I seem to have been seizing up again for the last few months after the hydro did so much good.
I didn't know you couldn't return for hydro within 6 months or if this is just your hospitals rules. It may be worth checking out other hospitals if there are any near enough, as I understand it you can request to be refered to any hospital now by your GP.

Take care & good luck

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Any chance you can go private? The NHS just doesn't cope with long term conditions!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Looby Lou » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Sorry to hear that I know what you mean as it does me so much good. I go private and it is £30 for 6 sessions (5, get 1 free). Hope you get lucky and get back asap. I sometimes think that the medical profession listen then think 'Oh, it's doing you good, ok we'll take it away now'. Grrrr.
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

hydro

Postby princess » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 pm

so sorry that you cant get any more treatment, this funding is a bagger, especially as you found it good for you.
Over in Aussie they use hydro hot water for our problem.
I wnet into a bore hole, where you need to lower yourself into and i went so dizzy i was taken out.
So its not for everyone but just keep fighting the good fight honey.
If its good for you keep fighting.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Thanks for the replys everyone.I can ask about treatment at another hospital,i was hoping i wouldent have to do that,as you know luu,you feel weak, after treatment,so a long jouney home wont help,but if thats what i have to do,i will go else where.Also i will look into going private ,and the cost,but also will go public that ive had to do so!I dont know if its just this hospital thats saying about the 6 month rule,i will make enquiries.if we had some other reconised condition,we would get treatment,im not taking this refusal lieing down..........cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Actually, people with most chronic conditions cannot get supportive treatments and care on an ongoing longterm basis. Even things like community neuro-rehab are non indefinite!

It's the other side of the coin to being able to get it free at the point of access in the first place.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:19 am

yep, i allready know that all too well,thats what makes me angry,the nhs is on its knees.but thats getting into polletics,you dont want to get me started on that,lol.............cat ,but you are right linz.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:30 am

Hya cat

Sorry to hear that you have to wait fir hydro thearpy. I have seen so many times on here that you have said it does help. Ive got my first pain management appt soon i was going t mention it to them. Or is it the gp i ask about hydro. ((hugs)) sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 pm

cat123
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics