[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Have you lost friends

Have you lost friends

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Have you lost friends

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:54 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

true friends

Postby ellen b » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:13 pm

ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:26 pm

My friend is just like a sister to me - we have united our families her daughter was my daughter's brides maid.
She is such a nice person i am very humbled to still be her best friend despite our traveling distance.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby lynn_east » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:31 pm

I have two really good friend's one is a school friend,we have known each other for over 35 year's she will do anything for me and i would for her sometime's we don't see each other for ages, but i know one call and she is there for me,my other friend has been very ill lately but we keep in contact by phone and text every day,and have a good old moan together :) i would be lost with out them both
lynn
lynn_east
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:37 pm

To be treasured for sure!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 pm

I have two very good groups of friends - one group for 19 years from my workplace, one group for 27 years from neighbours.
I have rarely got to see either of these groups over the last couple of years because I have been so ill. I have no idea how I managed to fit everyone in before! :? They all stay in touch with me which makes me feel guilty because I have to let them down so often when I turn down invites. When we do meet it still feels as though the last time I saw them was yesterday.
I honestly don't have the time or energy to spare.
If I am well rested I have to prioritise who I am going to spend time with, but coming from a very close family I invariably choose to put my relations first. Both my parents are still alive and I have two adult children still living at home.
I guess I just need to wait until I begin to feel better for longer.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

sad friends

Postby robbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

I have spent many sad moments, feeling ill, pain etc annoyed i can't go out and felt sure my work friends were friends as we did everything together but they don;t excuse this give a s***. I could not be like them and i have realised who is worthy, i have felt so lonely with this illness and friends have been here, luckly lately though i have got a friend now who encourages me to swim and comes even if too ill to go out, thats a friend i feel hald human again.
CazandRobbie 4ever
robbie
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:44 pm

That's a pretty harsh story, Princess. I've lost almost all my friends due to Fibro. Most drifted away slowly, a couple live too far for me to visit though its not like they make the effert. What's worse though is that its so much more difficult to make friends once you're in this situation.

To be honest I only put a little blame on others. I'm not much fun to be around anymore, I'm always tired, angry, have nothing new to tell anyone, can't take part in most activities/hobbies, can't travel anywhere, and I don't like going to pubs/clubs
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby MeowsAtNight » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:59 pm

I lost all my friends, but it's okay. I didn't like the guilt I felt when I had to disappoint them and could not go out with them. They really weren't true friends, as no one phones me up just to check on me. I phoned them up, though, because I really do care about them. But since they don't phone back, I just gave up. I was always there to listen to them, and I really did try to be upbeat and not complain about anything. It seems like if you can't go out partying or socializing on a moment's notice, you are not part of the "in" crowd. Thank goodness I have my mom to talk to. I miss her, now that I'm in England.
MeowsAtNight

Postby andypandy08 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 pm

True freinds will stick by you through thick and thin

When your down your SO-Called freinds dissapear the true freinds will stick with you whatever is happenning

One thought I will leave you with when your down theres only one way to go and thats up

We are all good freinds on here thats important to me without this forum many would find it hard may I personally thank all the mods for making this happen :D
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 am

I also would like to thank the mods for making my days seem not as long and lonely anymore. plus thanx to princess fiona and star for arranging our hols they both need big fibro (((hug)) they lift my spirits so much with there banter. I lost all my friends but ive seemed to have gianed loads of virtual ones :D sammi
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby star » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:52 am

sammi I am glad you are enjoying all our nonsense, and I feel humbled to know it lifts your heart a bit, but we are not virtual friends - we are real friends - you just can't see us.
We really are here for you.
Learn to live in the world with hope, love and peace but do not let the rest of the world live too much in you. Take time to enjoy your own company and be your own best friend for life.
star
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:28 am

:oops:
:oops: :oops: Star thats what i ment. we all on the computer but we cant see each other :roll: mind is fog loaded lol. :lol:
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby star » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:17 am

:oops: Sorry! :oops:
I think when you are TYPING through fog I am READING with fog. Its typical isn't it? Two foggy fibros who don't know they are actually saying the same thing! :lol:
star
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:58 pm

:D Star sometimes i carnt put it into the right words what im mean do you get like thatas well.It can be quite frustrating at times :? :D
sammi
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics