Australian fires

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Australian fires

Postby princess » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi folks,

Well another drama has come my way.
I am sorry i havent been on too much recently but to be honest i have been worried out of my head.
My couisn (brought up as my sister who moved to Victoria 30 years ago) is in the line of the fires.
She and hubby collected the dogs and cat and box with treasures and started to go out of their village, the ARMY stopped them and sent them home. Embers falling on their wooden house, everything burnt with the 47* weather - anyway next morning the village they were heading for was gone!!!! noone living the fires were just too quick to escape.
She is sitting in her house waiting for the army and police to get them out.
She managed a 4 minute call to me yesterday after i have been trying to get through for 4 days.
I have found a e-mail for the pub next to them so the guy who owns it is keeping me informed.
2 hundred thousand hectors of bush gone - and everything that was on it as the gums just ignite and burn.
Koalas and kangaroos are coming into the villages (they never do and the koalas are full of VD so you dont touch wild ones) - people are taking them in - maybe you saw that on tv the koala and the fireman - that was outsdie her village.
So i am worried sick as she has all the complaints i have and the heart defect too.
So im sorry to rattle on - and i may not be on for long as i am not in the mood for the forum today, im so sorry but just so bloody worried.
Her last words to me were - Fiona im scared for my life!!!!! All icould say in tears was I love you!!!! and the phone went dead!!!!!
I know the village so far is ok, the north of it is gone but she is in the middle on Ember Allert.
so excuse me i have to go im in tears again!!
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 pm

my thoughts are with you princess hope your family stay safe and well.xxx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Hugs hun and do try not to worry ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Thank you i just feel very emotional all the time - was ok and holding it together till i spoke to her and heard the scared words. God help them in australia its really really bad folks.
sorry im going too upset and worried.
fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:10 pm

((hugs)) Fiona.

I hope you hear more news soon & that its good news.

Thinking of you & your cousin & sending positive vibes.

Corinne x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

aussie fires

Postby princess » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3vcqPmb ... re=related
- this is her village as fires were coming over the bunyip park.

They have changed with the wind and are now going north - so thank god just had a e-mail from the pub beside her.

Better news now
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD969VGR80
- koala safe and well saved by fireman.

lovely story.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:21 am

Hi princesss,just to let you know im thinking of you and your family,ive got family there myself ,but not near the fires,my heart really goes out to every one there.my daughter in laws from sidney,she lives here now,and says she has got used to our barmy weather.I hope things go ok for your family,they are in my prayers..........hugs .............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

princess

Postby ellen b » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi, just to let you know we are thinking of you and the family. Take care and speak soon. Ellen and the gang.
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 pm

sorry to hear about your news princess
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

aussie fires

Postby princess » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Thank you all so much.
I am not saying much to the family just keeping most of the news to myself - no need to worry them eh
anyway my new neighbour a Danish girl was speaking to hubby and he said oh she is ok but really stressed and sore - so she took me in and gave me an hour of rekki.
Her hubby came in her and spoke to mine.
I am so grateful imagine just new neighbours too - i think we hae landed lucky with this couple.
Anyway just back feeling very relaxed - the only complication is that she felt my pain and is just so taken aback its so strong and violent. So i dont want to give her any of this, but she assures me she can cope with it all.
E-mail from Victoria today the winds are still going North so that's away from my family, please god they keep going North and burn out.
thanks for all the messages they really helped me.
Im, back in a normal mood now, just got a wee bit upset yesterday - but calm again today.
ME-Fibro and manic moods hahahahahahaha

fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Glad you are feeling calmer today and hope the situation settles down over there ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

ausralian fire

Postby jeannie45 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:02 am

hi princess just read your message on forum,its bloody awful what in the world is it coming to,sorry to know you are upset abig soft huhs from mexx
jean :( :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Winds still going NOrth so family are still safe!
I thank God for that to be honest, i am not very religious, i believe but im not churchy _ cant sit for that long without stiffin up and just wont put myself through that infront of everyone in the village.
But i have never prayed so much in my life, and i hope he has granted my plea.
Just so so sad for those who have lost homes, families etc., and wee animals oh dear.
But trying to keep positive and at least now the army have got them a safe route out Westwardly.
thanks folks for all the pms and letters and yes i am feeling much better and more relaxed after the reiki - she has offered me it every few days for 2 weeks and i have said YES!!!!
If anyone is a reiki master or giver can they pm me please, i have a few questions.
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

got this today

Postby princess » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 pm

This came today from a neighbour of my cousin - via her son in Melbourne.

Hi,

Update on fires.

Arround Drouin at the moment is all ok, sadly fire broke out a distance away in the Dandenong Ranges late yesterday so that is a problem at this stage, every fire is still a risk but as I say around here is calm at the moment.
Sadly it is near on impossible to speak to anyone that has not been affected or knows someone who has been affected, It has been a scary and horrible time for the state of Victoria.

Glen
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics