the things i miss

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby hitbyabus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:24 pm

i miss running, walking for miles, putting my socks on, shaving my legs, work, making love, feeling alive, doing the house work, DIY, driving my car, doing the shopping, playing Wii games, riding my bike, being happy, healthy, the way i used to look (i just look ill now), being pain free and i'm sure there are more things i miss. xxx
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby Ivyleaf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:26 pm

What do we miss ??? Easy to say everything - only another fibro sufferer will know what I mean.

My whole life has changed - I'm not the person I once was and every aspect of my daily life has been affected but to list some losses....

* No job - like another member said, I was once an important part of a 'team' really loved my job - hated my boss! Regular monthly income was nice although not that well paid at least I got a heck of a lot more then than I do now.

* Haven't been able to wear heeled shoes for years - flatties just don't look quite right with skirts do they?!!! I'm starting to look decidedly frumpy.

* Sexy bras - can't wear those - I get pain in my ribs and just wearing a bra is more than enough some days - can't be underwired either - so the choice ends up with bog standard little numbers from M&S - can't afford anything more.

* Dancing - again something I stopped doing years ago and to think I nearly once started a career in this area with a ballet school - ah well those were the days.

* Sex/relationships - well I haven't been touched by 'human hand' for 18 years - no relationship - no significant 'other' - zilch. Who the heck would want a physical wreck who's just turned 60 ??? There's so little I could do physically and with my dicky hips - well sorry to sound crude but I don't think I could open my legs wide enough - we'd have to settle for dot to dot drawings and diagrams !!!

* Car/driving - sold my car over a year ago - keep getting pain/cramps in my legs let alone can't twist round properly to see when reversing. Even if I could on a State Pension I couldn't possibly afford to run one and pay for MOTs, insurance, repairs etc.

* Garden/pets - I now live in a first floor flat - so no garden and not allowed any pets. Both of which used to be my foundations all my life until a few years ago. Life simply has no purpose without these to enjoy. And I'd crawl on all fours if I had a garden again - to press my fingers into soft damp earth, plant flowers and seeds - hug a cat again - sit in an evening with the soft warmth of a cat on my lap to stroke and love :cry:

* Social life - don't have one of those. Don't have any friends either so life is lonely and empty.

* Travel - I 'hurt' when sitting in a car, bus etc so find travelling anywhere not enjoyable anymore. Plus I can't walk very fast without having to sit down and realise just how very few 'benches and seats towns etc have.

* Walks - I used to walk for miles but can't do that anymore, just struggle pottering a maximum of a quarter of a mile and I'm suffering so much and the next day - don't think I can type the words that spring to mind.

So that's just a few things that spring to mind........................
Ivyleaf

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 pm

oh hunny
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Re: the things i miss

Postby jeannie45 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:15 pm

i miss being
pain free
walking
exersize
having a good sleep
not waking up refreshed.instead of that groggy feel
painting all day, instead of a bit at a time
having a good memory
:x :x :wave:

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby lizfin » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:42 pm

i miss me (my old self) :cry:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby 023Emma » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't suppose i miss a lot really because i've been ill since i was 9. I suppose more than anything i envy my friends who can go out to parties and dance till dawn!! I also feel bad that i can't go out and do activities with my fiance anymore - he loves roller coasters!!! I hate to imagine what going on a roller coaster would feel like!!!
023Emma

Postby armanisgirl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Oh I soooo miss rollercoasters! But I think my neck would snap if I went on one now (not going to tell other half that tho! :lol: )

I miss being able to walk round town, browsing in the shops, trying on naff so-called fashionable clothes just so we could be in fits of childish giggles! We rarely bought anything, just went for the fun!

I miss having the energy and enthusiasm I used to have

I miss knowing I could do things (such as paint the diningroom!) to try to do them and end up in agony!

i miss not being irritated by the constant chatter of the kids (it drives me insane sometimes :cry: )

And I guess there will be loads more that I'll find out I miss when I try to attempt to do them, I've just been too cowardly to try much for so long!

Ivyleaf.......just loved the dot-to-dot comment! Thanks for making me laugh! (Not at you I hasten to add, just the way the coment read!)
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby effie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 pm

I miss crashing on peoples floors after a good boozy house party and waking up to discover all the stupid things I did and said.
Drinking, I wasn't a heavy drinker but I'm 21 & it really got me down that I couldn't drink on my 21st as I was in alot of pain so ended up having to take painkillers.
Running around like a headless chicken.
Not having to explain why I can't drink!! Grrr.
Having no worries!
Being pain free.
effie
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics