Pets are good for us

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cat » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:16 pm

i have a 1yr old cavalier king charles spaniel she was bought as a birthday pressie for me a yr ago i got to choose her which was really hard to do as there so lovely she was got to incourage me outside which has worked a bit and my kids adore her she is blenheim colouring and takes very little looking after but is a great companion wouldnt hesitate in recomending this breed for any1 wi fibro
You just have to keep going the world won't stop with you
cat
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 pm

No matter how often i see your animals Lucy - it makes me smile - dont diss the cross idea.
Over in usa they have a breed that is a cross Boxer/Staffie - honestly they do it looks like a staffie in face and stance, but def a boxer size and chest - and they breed them like that.
Wonderful pictures Lucy really wonderful.
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 pm

my nephew told me he was getting a cross husky ,german shepherd i was really worried 2 very strong breeds. but sky is the most gorgeous even tempered dog i have ever met she has 1 bright blue eye and 1 dark brown she has 1 ear that stands upright all the time and one that lays flat wonderful.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 pm

[quote="motherelephant"]my nephew told me he was getting a cross husky ,german shepherd i was really worried 2 very strong breeds. but sky is the most gorgeous even tempered dog i have ever met she has 1 bright blue eye and 1 dark brown she has 1 ear that stands upright all the time and one that lays flat wonderful.[/quote]

A lot of dogs that have different eyes, the blue side ear can be deaf or slow of hearing- is she ok?
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:09 am

seems ok i think the blue eye comes from the husky side of her but will tell them to makesure.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Kayzee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:57 pm

You're pet pictures are all so lovely!

I would love a cat or dog, but don't want to put more responsiblity onto hubby for its care. I do get pet visitors though, a wee westie and a king charles who always make me smile. :lol:
Kayzee
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 pm

we have 2 cats and just got a 12 week old puppy, he is hard work but would not be without him now, we have had the pup for 2 1/2 weeks now. we take take him out for walks next week if we can get him to move with the lead on..lol...and depending how strong we are feeling, we got the pup to help get us out during the day. i will post some pics when i upload them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gilly54 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 pm

We have 2 dogs, Candy is a collie cross 3yrs old and Jessie is a Staffy cross, 2yrs old both rescue dogs. Also have a cat called Missy a 3yr old Tabby and white, she came from a rescue too. My son has a hamster and a Gecko.
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby flossie » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Was nice to read about everyones pets...I have a chocolate lab Murphy who is 8, and an English Bull Terrier Lilly who is almost 3. Both gorgeous and full of charachter lol. I think i have a love hate relationship with them usually tinged with guilt as i'm not able to look after them as much as i or they would love. Thankfully my partner is great with them and does all the long walks over the Plains with them so they can really play and burn off all their energy. I get all the cozy cuddles on the sofa..except when they are moulting. They are just starting to loose their winter coat and all the extra hoovering is difficult, but you cant help but love them eh!! and they are great at keeping a secret hehehe. Also have a black n white cat Bridgette who is 5. Shes really my daughters but i've been looking after. I did have her sister called Gorgeous but she went our last year and never came home :cry:

Hugs
Flossie x
flossie
UKFM Newbie

11 animals at home & 4 others

Postby ellen b » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:26 pm

We have 11 animals at home
1 german sheppard called Oscar who is nearly 8 completely unique
2 Guinea pigs Bubble & Squeak
1 demented rabbit Monty
2 Syrian hamsters Billy & Benita
1 Russian hamster Rasputin
2 love birds Kiss & Cuddle (who are very noisy)
2 gerbils Snowball & Rebel

and we have shares in three rescue ponies shetland called Badger and 2 british minatures called Splash & Locket
and an adopted monkey with one arm at monkey world called Alex

They are all wonderful to have around we look after them as a family and
often have friends who pop in ie to walk dog etc.
We are in the middle of moving so main concern is the animals new place has bigger garden so outdoor animals will enjoy that alot :D
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:06 pm

i have 7 foot boa constrictor called bowie .......

also white english bull terrier called bully - he is 6 1/2 yrs old and a complete "bull in a china shop"..........he is only knee heigh but weighs 70lb - so he is a big bruiser.......he has just had operation on his ear to prevent haemota's appearing - at a cost of 750 quid.......think i will tell my 2 yr old twins to become vets :lol: :wink:

he is my 2nd english bull terrier - my first one my OH bought for my 21st birthday and he died when he was 10.

we have also had a rat and ferret.....

i love animals

shrimp xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:25 pm

me too shrimp really wish i could have another dog. motherelle x
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby derekh » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:11 pm

i have 2 dogs one is a beautiful black and white border collie female named jess she is 4 years old,the other is a staff cross named buster he is such a funny character and everybodys friend he is also black and white, they are great friends to me and i love them,also have aout 40 tropical fish
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby moonbeam » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:32 pm

We are animal mad here too! We have a rescue dog, Piper, she was put out in a box with her brothers and sisters when they were only a few weeks old. She's 8 now and the best dog ever. We also have 3 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, a tortoise, a hamster, 2 fish, 2 lovebirds - think thats it! for now!
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Pity none of you live close to me then i could share your animals haha.

motherelle. x
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics