[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly Diagnosed

Newly Diagnosed

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly Diagnosed

Postby michael » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am

Hello I have just discovered this forum and would like to post my story
I have suffered with ostiaarthritis for many years and I have seen numerous Dr.s and Rhematolagists and Phycolagists over the years and I was always led to believe that i could"nt be expeiriancing the pain and general feeling of exuatsion that I was with ostiarthreitis. so eventualy I nearly gave up altogether thinking it must be all in my head and actualy I was just a worthless So and So untill my wife persuaded me to See a differant Dr. which I did and was refered straite away to a Rhematolagist that he new who diagnosed that I have Fibromyalgia-ME-as well as the more genaralised arthritis. I have only recently had this diagnosis and am pleased that there is someone else out there for me to be able to speak to as I have spent a long time out in the cold so to speak.
michael
michael
UKFM Newbie

Postby wedesday mc haggis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:34 am

hi micheal

just joined myself, taken me 20 years to get a diagnosis, seems the way of it ...ive been told i have had pretty much everything but fibromyalgia , viral, all in my head, possibly chrones, possibly enometriosis, been tested and told it looked pretty much like i had sjogrens syndrome , which ive still to get a lip biopsy for, but rheumy yesterday is convinced and diagnosed fibromyalgia, so here i am too

T x
wedesday mc haggis
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 am

Hi and welcome to both of you ((xx))

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:08 am

hello wecome to you both,a lot of us on here have been through the same thing,thinking that it was all in our head,so we really do know what that feels like.this forum is a godsend to many of us,you will find answers to loads of things around the forum pages,anything you want to know just ask...............cat 123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:21 am

hi to michael and wednesday. yes its all too familiar we all seem to go through all the same rubbish before we get diagnosed ive had it for 40 years but only got a official diag 9 years ago. im sure you will enjoy this forum they are great guys a mind of imformation and a bit of light relief when most needed. motherellex
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby derekh » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 am

hello michael and wensday
your story sounds exactly like mine ive had fibro fro 40 years and only been diagnosed for about 8 years yes you do get to fell like you are useless and that you are a hypocondriac but isnt it good to know that its not in your head and to have a name put to it and to find others who are going through the same things i cant believe some of the things ive read on here it could be me saying them makes it a bit easier to live with nice to meet you
derek
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby michael » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Thank you all very much for your comments and stress how much reading them has uplifted me as untill just recently I had never heard of FM and to be honest I still havent gotten my head around how I feel, its somewere between Ilation at been vindicated and in limbo to were do I go from here
Thanks again
michael
michael
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 pm

To you both, welcome
Yip we have all been where you are , it somehow seems better for the spirit to have a name for your condition.
Also to come on a forum and see that we all suffer, we all get frustrated, but we can also be daft and have a giggle.
See our Desert Island! - It just takes your mind of the pain for a few mins, and no harm to anyone else.
Hope you learn a lot, get some good advice and most of all enjoy your visits.
Princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby joanypops » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Michael and welcome. I think what you are feeling is par for the course.I bet your head is spinning. But take heart because any questions you have can be answered here or you can be pointed in the right direction. Think of us as one big fibro family :lol:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics