[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Problem when driving!

Problem when driving!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Problem when driving!

Postby princess » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:24 pm

I can manage to drive small distances and that is great - however i do have one problem that i wondered if anyone else has:-

When on a hill i have to use my hand brake as my leg isnt strong enough to hold the clutch as a brake!!!!

Princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:53 pm

i switched to automatics a couple of years ago - yes i have days where i miss the control of a manual but i just couldnt manage to drive them everytime i wanted to go for a drive. it wasnt exactly a strength thing it was the coordinating the clutch and changing gear bit that exhausted me - a drive through town with frequent gear changes was enough to leave me for dead.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh my goodness the sinking feeling i get in the pit of my stomach when i get to the top of the hiil and the traffic is backed up .i get the most terrible pain in my legs stopping and starting every couple of feet.I also get cramp in my feet. life certainly isnt easy when you have fibro.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm

I have no option but to drive, we have one general grocery store in the village but you have to drive 15miles to the supermarket...........not easy so usually hubby or daughter take me there.
Tried two weeks ago and managed but was ill for day s and days so not worth the pain.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 pm

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby jemmalouise » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:52 am

jemmalouise
UKFM Newbie

Postby velvet » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 am

i do recommend autos for this condition ( in case anyone hasnt worked that out already lol) i know i am going on a bit but honestly it does make a difference - it is a very lazy way to drive, one pedal to go one pedal to stop and no fiddling around in between. driving is hugely important to me (i have only been driving since 2002) and i know how much trouble i would have if i still had a manual. it worries me that others are suffering problems driving when there is this solution that would give them all important freedom back.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Last edited by MCT on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:57 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:38 am

shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:15 pm

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics