[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - funerals

funerals

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

funerals

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 am

i have a funeral to go to tommorrow, my uncle i was very close to died,( obviously, or i wouldnt be going to a funeral!, ) he was onnly young, and i want a bit of advice,
we have said to people noit to wear black particularly, and men dont have to wear suits, so what do you all thuink would be acceptabvle for me to wear? i cant wear black trousers as none of mine fit and i czant buy some more cos im a shorta**e and even the petite trousers are too long! and i havnt got time to get them shortened cos i forgot!!!

thankyou
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

clothes

Postby ellen b » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:17 am

When my Mum in law passed we went to the funeral to celebrate her life and a lot of us didn't wear black. It tended to be the older generation that wore black. Wear what you feel comfortable in , your Uncle would appreciate you being there not what you looked like. Take care.
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:19 am

thankyou, i just dont wana look like the fat odd one out!
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gilly54 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

I agree with Ellen. Being there is more important than what you wear ((hugs))
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 am

did he have a favourite color or had you worn something before he particularly commented on as liking on you?
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 am

nothing that i can think of! the problem now is a lot of my clothes dont fit anymore!
:cry:
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I wore black trousers which had a red pinstripe and a red top to my Dad's and just about everyone else mixed and matched brighter coloured clothes a darker colour.

I doubt anything would be said about whatever you decide to wear, just being with your family is the most important thing at a time like this.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby hitbyabus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:18 pm

i went to a funeral in december it was stricktly no black, so i wore my blue jeans and a white shirt.
I agree with ellen it was the older people who went against the wishes of my dead cousin and wore black, but out of 80 people well over half wore bright coulors.
There was also a ban on crying so it was a FUNeral they way my cousin wanted it, remembering all the happy and fun memories it was the happiest funeral i've ever been to.

Sam you'll find something xxx
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Quatermass
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Quatermass - i meant that wearing Black to a funeral is outdated now!!!!
- Not wearing black normally - to be honest i have all black shoes, bags and trousers.
Although having said that a lot of the older people still see it as respect to wear black, and close your curtains as the hearse goes by.
The younger generation dont really mind what you were or what you do as long as you are there.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 pm

i have found a wrap dress in black and red and green though ill have to wesr a top under it or ill scare the vicar with my boobs! it doesnt look totally indecent so itl have to do. makes my bump look massive
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Dont worry Sam no one will be interested in what you are wearing it s a funeral not a fashion show eh
As long as you go and you cared for your uncle thats what matters honey.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm

yeah, its a cremation so i dreading all the standing up and sitting on the uncomfortable benches!!
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics