[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - damm pot holes

damm pot holes

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

damm pot holes

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:12 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ivyleaf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes we've got loads round our area too - legacy from the snow/really cold weather. The roads are really bad. I got rid of my car just over a year ago so my son is my chauffeur and he's very good bless him. He knows that I 'hurt' where I had my gallbladder op (16 months ago) so swinging round bends and roundabouts just pulls on my abdomen and it's painful not to mention the shape of the bucket seat side digs into exactly that place. I hate travelling now because of it :(
Ivyleaf

Postby luuluu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Every morning and afternoon I have to negotiate the speed humps to and from my daughters school. In my little car with its little wheels it dosnt matter how slow I go it jars my back every single time and makes my head bang, so add that to the pot holes and general bad road repairs around here and drivings a painful thing !

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Yes the part of Buckinghamshire is one of the wealthiest areas in the country (although I let the side down) but the roads must be one of the worst. Every now and then some rouge outfit fills in the holes for the council and two weeks later the hole is back again. I don't know where all the taxes are going these days.
Quatermass
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:58 pm

The roads in sheffield are terrible ,so bad infact they made aprogramme about it on bbc 1 last year.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm

did they really??
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Our village has just been given a new coat of filling and tarring, because we have farm equipment all day long coming through the village, so thats ok but get near any of the farms and you have to negotiate the pot holes that the farmers fill in with stones - but well we hae had snow and heavy rain so the holes are here again.
Not good for your car either.
Live in the country and never have a clean car - how right that is!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics