New layout... ok or not?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New layout... ok or not?

Postby gillshutt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Now that we have had a change of scene here on the forum is anyone finding problems. I've had mentioned and agree that the screen colour is a bit bright which can make it difficult to see the words.. fibro eyes not being what they should. Anyone else think this or have other problems?

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: New layout... ok or not?

Postby derekh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:25 pm

yeah i found the screen too bright also,felt a little dizzy when i first used it but otherwise ok
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:32 pm

The posts are ok with the blue background but the reply boxes are white and there's a big white surround which makes me feel slightly headachy all the time :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby gilly54 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:27 pm

I think it's fine ( now I've got over the shock of the change LOL) It's very much like a couple of other forums I use.
I forgot to add, I haven't been on long enough to get a headache from the white, but I can see what you mean.
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby Fog woman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 pm

With my foggie brain I thought I was on the wrong forum at first :!: Doesn't take much to confuse me, but I'm ok with the new layout.
Fog woman
UKFM Member

Postby Ivyleaf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Not keen on the new colour. The default text size is too small generally. Also it's weird having one's name/avatar/location on the right hand side instead of the normal left-hand side.

Be nice if we could also have some different smilies and ones that are a little bigger.
Ivyleaf

Postby gillshutt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Press ctrl and = and it'll increase your screen size if you have small text problems.. then ctrl and - for other sites to decrease it again.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Ivyleaf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Did that but nothing happened - still sitting here with me varifocals and nose pressed to the screen :shock:
Ivyleaf

Postby motherelephant » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Layout ok screen just a bit too bright, I have problems with bright lights. motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm finding the huge white background a bit distracting- it does make the posts a bit difficult to read.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby hitbyabus » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:33 pm

think its great.
if its to bright you can turn down the brightness on your computer it might help, i always have to turn down the brightness no matter what site i'm on.
didn't think the text was any smaller than before!

I like it x
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm used to this layout since it the default of many forums using phpBB. But I can understand why some people find it difficult to use...the white is quite dominating.

For anyone who wants to increase the text size - you can find the option in the 'View > Zoom' menu in FireFox. Or 'View > Text Size' in Exploder.
Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 pm

I quite like the new layout but I am definitely finding the white too bright. I do have a lot of problems with bright lights in general and the white is making me headachy which is a shame as I'm not going to be able to stay on long anymore :(
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:39 pm

There does seem to be a lot of white, but adjusting the contrast on my laptop helped on that one.

I didn't think the font size had changed. Not sure if it's just Vista but there's a magnifier in Windows > Control Panel > Ease of Use.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:43 pm

i do like it now i am used to it however i find the white distracting and difficult to read the text hence why i havnt been on as much, cant seem to focus on it properly
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics