[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New layout... ok or not?

New layout... ok or not?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: New layout... ok or not?

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:15 am

The font size is the normal size for sites.. have you tried enlarging it on your computer?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Ivyleaf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:52 am

Yes I have. But - you know and I know that behind the 'scenes' is a little button to twiddle so that you can have whatever font size you want on your forum board :wink:

Considering that so many fibro folk have problems focussing etc I just find it a little surprising that unlike a couple of US board I belong to where they acknowledge this problem and make the font size bigger as a default for their members, that you haven't here. You must have read those 'replies' by folk who said they were struggling.
Ivyleaf

Postby gillshutt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:38 pm

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Ivyleaf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:32 pm

It's not a complaint. I'm just answering your question i.e. new layout ok ... or not?

If you don't want feedback then don't ask the question !!! As I said I PERSONALLY would prefer a larger font size and darker background. So having collated everyones answers - you can then pass the info onto the person who DOES have the finger to press the little adjustment buttons with :lol:
Ivyleaf

Postby Beanie.J » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 pm

The orange is more restful than the white, though it's a bit of a contrast between that and the rest of the colours.

As for the text size, I like it plenty enough how it is personally...though I'm long-sighted and find overly large fonts too much.

In case anyone hadn't seen it, there is actually a text size increase button built into this board system. On the right side of the same line where it says 'Board Index < X Forum' there is an 'A' with arrows either side of it...
Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby Ivyleaf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't know why but I can't see it - all I have is:

Board Index < UKFM General Chat < The UKFM Lounge
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Control Panel (0) new messages . View your Posts FAQ Members Logout [Ivyleaf]

I can't see anywhere that you're describing. It looks the same when Im in the Forum Index as well :cry:
Ivyleaf

Postby luuluu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:22 pm

I found the button beanie, its to the far right but is very feint and if you click the up arrow it increases the text size.

Thanks, I was having trouble reading it.

luuluu
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Beanie.J » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Circled in red...

Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:04 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ellen b » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi, sorry not been around, I wondered what had happened when I opened screen, like it alot and the text size increase button is very handy. I prefer these colours to black on white, this is easier on the eyes.
Keep up the good work :D
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby taffeeapple » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:35 pm

liked the old layout, it was different to other forums, we stood out from the crowd.

sure i will get used to it

caroline x
I like to shake it, but the fibro does it for me.
taffeeapple
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:26 am

Sorry i really dont like this layout.its very confusing.i just cant get my head round it...........cat123...this white srean is hurting my eyes
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am

im getting used to the orange but i still dont like it that much, makes it hard to focus!!!
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 pm

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics