Writing to MP

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Writing to MP

Postby RebeccaReed » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:02 am

Well i have finally had enough. Today i have written to my local MP, the PM, David Cameron MP and Patricia Hewitt MP for Health. Suppose you could say that the content was quite straight and truthful, but i know that many of my fellow sufferers are much worse than i am. I recieve the Family Magazine and things are happening within the government the suggestion is to write to as many MP's as possible with our concerns. I will post on this site again if/when i get any replies. Rebecca
RebeccaReed
UKFM Member

Postby Julie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:20 am

Hello Rebecca,
I too received the Family Magazine which came yesterday and am thinking of writing to my MP too.
I am so sick of Gp's fobbing you off as they don't know how to treat Fm.
Just lately i seem to have got alot worse and am back on Lyrica (Pregabalin) but this time am starting off on 25mg dose as before i was put on 75mg and i felt so confused it scared me.

I found this month's Magazine very interesting. May 12th is Fibromyalgia awareness day and they are trying to get as much awareness and media coverage as possible.
I am fed up wtith people asking what is wrong with me and when i say Fibromyalgia, all i get is oh that sound's nasty but they never ask what it is or how it affect's me. You just get, "but don't you look well". : :evil:
Hope you are'nt too bad yourself and have a good weekend.
Julie.
Julie

Writing to MP

Postby RebeccaReed » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi Julie, I realy understand how you feel and how completely horrible it feels when everyone say "oh but you look so well", now ive got to the stage where is stay if you dont realy want to know how i feel then please do yourself a favour and dont ask. I use many expletives as you can imagine. Ive written to Health Minister, PM, my local MP and David Cameron leader of the Conservatives. If you get the family mag you will see that D Cameron was on the list of the MP's interested in attending the meeting. I would love to know what is happening. Funny thing is i had to attend A&E a couple of weeks ago and i was seen by a young doc and he knew loads about Fibro, which pleased my no end! But still there is much needed to be done and much support needed. I have mentioned in all my emails that people with Arthritis get alot of support both medicaly and financialy and im sure we suffer the same if not more pain than arthritis sufferers. (Not by any means taking away the severity of Arthritis) but i am now so unhappy and in so much pain all of the time that i have to do something and if everyone on this forum and all those who suffer with FMS write to the people up there then maybe something will be done. Im so sorry Julie but once im on a crusade i cant give up and i cant live like this for the rest of my life (i cant, it is so hard) so i know how hard everyones lives are that have FMS. I hope there is i silver lining somewhere for us all but at least its a start XX care and gentle hugs to you and thanks for your thoughts :) :wink:
RebeccaReed
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics