hi I'm new

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi I'm new

Postby nikkianne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:03 pm

hi, my name is nikki and i have had fibromyaglia for the last 7 years. I'm married to graham and we have a daughter called lydia who will be 8 next month. I have never been on a forum before but thought it would be good to hear from others that have this horrible condition.
nikkianne
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi I'm new

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi

:welcome:

You havecome to a great place for advice & info plus lots of :grouphug: when your feeling :banghead:

:welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lizfin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 pm

hi nikki. look forward to chatting with you xxxxxxxxxxx liz :wave:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby lynne » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Hiya and welcome to the forum.You will find everything you want to know about FM on here.Looking forward to talking to you. :wave:

Lynne x
somedays are better than others but my smile stays the same.
lynne
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:15 pm

hi nikkianne :welcome: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi nikki and welcome to the forum... any questions just ask and someone will be along to help. The forum is great for talking to people who understand what you're going through ((xx))

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess P » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi :wave: there Nikkianne, this forum is a reat resorce for talking to others who have fibro. And really good for just having general rants really. :crazy:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby nikkianne » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

thankyou all for saying hello, feeling quite down this morning but have drs later and going to ask about LYRICA, would be intrested your thoughts if anyone has tried this new drug.
thanks nikkianne
nikkianne
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 am

I haven't tried Lyrica but I'm on gabapenntin which is the same type of drug.. epilepsy med used for nerve pain. It's one of those things that works for some and not others and the only way you'll find out is to give it a go.

I couldn't live without the gabapentin, although I do have OA as well so it helps with that as well as I get a lot of pain from the oA in my neck which is like toothache down my left arm... made worse by the FM of course :(

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 am

Hello Nikki and :welcome: to the forum.This is a great forum lots of friendly people and a lot of wise people with lots of good advice.We also have a few witty ones as well who give us a laugh and lift our mood when needed.We have a fantastic cafe gill makes a great chocolate cake ,so see you there soon nikki looking forwards to reading your posts.A big cottonwool hug motherelle. :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi

Welcome to the forum :wave:

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics