[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - magazine article

magazine article

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

magazine article

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:48 pm

There is a magazine (not sure if i can post the name of it) but i will give you a clue.

That's Life and not as we know it!!!

Anyway on the health page there is a girl who says she has been bedridden for 4 years and now cured of ME and Chronic Pain.

Her cure seems to be a course called The Lightening Processs an intensive 3 days course aimed at breaking negative patterns of illness.

Well if its true then good for her.

But i would have so many questions, did she indeed have ME, how can you go from being bedridden for 4 years to up and about so quickly - i certainly couldnt and im still on my feet somewhat.

But to be honest i get so fed up with these wonderful ailment cures!

What do you think - get the magazine and have a read, i dont think i would be allowed to post it.

princess

(mods if something wrong posting this then just delete).
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: magazine article

Postby gillshutt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes you can name it.

There's a piece in Chat about FM.. not very helpful and a bit condescending IMO.

If your memory is bad.. use post it notes... YEAH RIGHT!!! :roll:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:11 pm

I must be really slow princess i cant make out the mag from your clue hahaha :banghead:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Thats Life!!!

I statyed in bed for 4 years is the title.
It about a girl aged 21 who ended up in bed with ME - but who got better with a Programme and hypnotherapy.
But she says she got ill at 21 - was 4 years in bed - and was well by 30.
So what happened to the middle 5 years????????????????????????/
sorry but i am very sceptical.
fiona

I have had ME for 14 years i have tried just about anything you can try and i am still ill. I love the idea you can get better of it, but well..............................you need to read the article.
fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm

http://www.lightningprocess.com/me-cfs- ... cephalitis)-success-stories.aspx

Have a read of this and tell me what you think?
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby ellen b » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi princess thanks for the article, i like the way no price is mentioned, or am I being too cynical :roll: what do you reckon?
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Well-------------------------believe me i have tried everything possible - i have spent savings and well nothing helped me.
I am afraid i am sceptical of that article.
Think my work training makes me look at things maybe a bit different from the normal person - like i can usually work people out quickly, if they are genuine or not!!!!
So yes i am sceptical
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:45 pm

i cant make the link work, sorry can you post it again???
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:59 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 pm

thanks princess it worked

i have had a quck look and it looks like a miracle!!!

i have seen many miracles in the press and internet so am septical expecially for these reasons,

it cures almost any illness - convienent isnt it???????

the fibro recovery is written in a buddhist perspective (as far as i am aware your religion does not determine yor recovery from illness or your symptoms suffered??)

it seemed to focus on the view that when you have a chronic illness, feeling bad about it makes your symptoms seem worse (which can be true in some cases). i for one have tried relaxation, reiki, etc etc and my fms gone so why would thier relaxation work?

it just seems to little old sceptic me to be a really good way to get nearly £600 out of people sick and tired of feeling like poo everyday and it seems to prey on people fed up of doctors not knowing what is wrong with them which is part of the course for fms and me etc.

It might work but i am not sure.................................................
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby jeannie45 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm

what a load of bumph anything to part us with our money :)
jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 pm

You know if you found the real cure, would you put it on an internet site and charge £600 -no, you would stand in Trafalgar Square, with reporters and all the tv crews and you would tell everyone everywhere what to do to get well.
Thats why i am sus about these so called cures!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:52 pm

unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:12 pm

:nono: :nono: :nono: sorry but i cant be doing with these "SO CALLED CURES"
i have always been told that there is no cure, yes you might be able to contain it with meds but no cure.
if this were to be a cure then why are we not being offered it.. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:37 pm

too true shaz,as far as we know there is no cure for fm :)
jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics