samantha louise and my wigglies

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: samantha louise and my wigglies

Postby gillshutt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 am

How can they tell fromt eh test that both boys have Mosaic downs? If only some of the cells have the extra chromosome isn't it possible that only one has downs and the other not?

Don't want to sound too technical but I'm interested in genetics and had to have an amnio on my last boy. It sounds weird that they can tell so much from an amnio tests as I thought mosaics was discovered from blood tests from the baby once it was born. Mind you it's been ages since I did all this so things have probably changed hence me asking.

Sorry to get all technical but I'm interested in all this stuff :roll:

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:57 pm

You know what fascinates me?
Is that you can get this dongle or whatever it is called and plug it into your computer and use the internet.
I never knew such a thing existed, and from your bed in a hospital wow!
Things must really have moved on since my time. When i was pregnant all 6 times i went in as soon as i missed my period, and i lay for 5 months each time, not even getting sitting up and doped to the hilt, ever tried peeing without sitting up and hair washed, but that was the rule in my day on your back meant just that - it was terrible but it was so i could give the babies the best chance, unfortunately it didnt work out for me, but at least i tried my best - anyway what i was going to say i couldnt even get a portable scan, and certainly not a internal one, as any movement could be detrimental to the pregnance.
so being in hospital with bleeding and pain and getting to use a computer just blows my mind!!!!
How things have changed!!!!!

fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruremi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeh Princess

I know what you mean hubby was just talking last night about how tv has changed he can remember his first colour tv, I can remember tv before remotes and now OMG now they can pause live tv it is all so very mind blowing. They even do 3D scans of the baby now.

Ruremi :wave:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:24 pm

hi all i have some good news if i carry on being slightly better they may let me out for a day to see ho=w i get on and if i am ok and keep feeling movements and not have any blkeeding etc they may let me home i would have to be on bed rest but still !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im trying not to get my hopes up but i cant help it!

gillshut when they did the anmio they aslo took a blood samplle from the unbilical cord and thesed that i cant remember the name of it but i can find out from my notes if you want me to. PUBS i think its called.

samantha louise
x
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruremi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Hope you do get home I am sure the four walls in your bedroom are more interesting than the four walls at hospital, but if you get home make sure you do have bed rest and if you get fed up remember it is for the babies Charlie wiggle and Willie wiggle :crazy: now there is two cool names ha ha :lol: .

I don't know if this helps or not but when I was pregnant with my youngest son I had spotting and/or bleeding through the whole pregnancy my gp kept giving my regular scans to let me hear the baby's heartbeat to stop me worrying he was absoloutely fine. I know everyone is different but it just shows that it isn't always something to worry about.....although I know we do.

Well done on your two little cherubs hope they behave themselves long enough to let mum home for a bit. Have you got a date yet as to when we can expect the boys to arrive. Do they know they are this popular already and their not even here yet, we will soon have to add a creche on to the side of the cafe. :lol:

Ruremi :grouphug:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi sam looks like some good news for you at last. I agree with princess ,im in awe of how things have moved on its 20 years since my last baby ,which by coincidence was in the same hospital as you but as we know has been rebuilt.We were lucky if we had a television let alone a computer to converse with loads of other people hahah.Do you have to pay to use the wireless net work or is it free.I know that to have a telephone call from your bed costs the earth.Oh well fingers crossed ,but if they do keep you in Samantha ,my offer is still open to visit i pass the hospital everyday.You can always pm me and let me know what ward you are on Takecare Motherelle.xxx :wave:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:58 pm

thank motherelle that means a lot hun i will wait and see what happens i know princess said she had made a card to send me but again i think i will wait and see if i go home then she could send it there instead.
xx
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 pm

aaww thats really nice for you to offer to go visit samantha ,motherelephant.
Bet samantha would love to see a friendly face, its a shame when you have no family living near you, just having another girly to chat to and who understands the pain you must be in.
Bet you cant wait to get home, the internet must be costing an earth, i know when my OH was in hospital he spent loads on the net, hate to think of the cost if you have to stay in until the boys are born.
keep us informed, fingers crossed you can go home.But dont forget you still need bed rest.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Sounds scary having all those tests I know they said it was a high risk of miscarriage with the amnio.. the other one as well :shock: scary.

All being well, when do we get the flags out for the birth?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Sam

thats good news you may be getting home.
You must be fed up being kept in bed all day long, i know from experience how you just cant concentrate even on a magazine with all the moment in the wards.
But then maybe you are in a private room and able to work with your computer.
ps Can i ask you how much it costs you to use your computer from your bed, i mean is there a charge.
Wow as i said how things have moved on - i suppose its a long time since i was pregnant mind you.
So all the best and hope things improve and you get home - then ill send the card.

anyone who wants me to put their name on it - just pm me!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Everyone

Is anyone texting Samantha Louise in hospital?
If so please send her our love from all on the forum!

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Yay that is brill news, your bedroom will never have seemed so interesting and exciting lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :tongueout:
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 pm

unigirl1981 wrote:Yay that is brill news, your bedroom will never have seemed so interesting and exciting lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :tongueout:

Hi Unigirl

She isn't allowed to have it too interesting and exciting she is supposed to be resting in the bed ha ha :lol: :lol:

Seriously though it will be good if you get home. Is home not a new flat? was Craig not moving last weekend? correct me if I am wrong .....I am alot these days.

Ruremi
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Samantha, i keep meaning to ask you are the boys identical?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ruremi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeh Shaz

Samantha said a few weeks ago they were identical so she knew it was two girls or two boys rather than one of each. I had enough probs picking a name for one at a time she has to pick two that sound good together. :wave:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics