[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - samantha louise and my wigglies

samantha louise and my wigglies

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: samantha louise and my wigglies

Postby samantha louise » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 am

we have bought a firstwheels city twin in amazing aqua. i dont knoiw how to do a link or i would! if you google it it comes up. its gorgeous
x
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby moonbeam » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Samantha Louise

I have just read your thread with tears in my eyes. I know thats not want you want to hear. But I just wanted to ask if you have had the Amnio test done?

When I was expecting my daughter I had a blood test done that showed she was 'more than likely' to have Downs. Apparently the test was high and I should get my head around the fact.

They also told me, the only way I would know for sure, 100%, (this was 9 years ago) was to have the Amnio Test. I puddled over it and my husband and I decided that we would want our daughter, no matter what, but we had to know for sure, to prepare ourselves and get our heads around it prior to her arriving.

I went for the test, and waited anxiously for the results - when they came it showed she didnt have Downs at all and was all clear.

I hope you dont mind me writing this to you....

Much love and hugs xx
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm

thankyou moonbeam i have sent you a pm im definately feeling kicks now hehe its very strange but fab at the same time although quite painful lol
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

So Sam did you have an amio test?

I just presume that you had and that was how you got the dianoses.

Your pram sound great, a girl down the road from me had twins and she had a one in front of the other baby pram - started with two at side, but it was too hard to get into shops etc., so she bought another.

There have been qyite a few articles in women's magazines etc., about people being told therir children will be born with Downs - and they have been ok.

So i hope that is what has happened to you, that the boys will be fine. And if they have Downs that they come into a loving family, all prepared to help, as it wouldl be hard enough with twins and fibro than what you are expecting.

Were the boy's hearts ok so far? thats another thing that is common with Downs the children have heart conditions - my daughter has PDA and was a very very unwell baby, but she is 26 now and a Nurse it still bothers her, but she has manged with that and dislexia too.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby samantha louise » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 am

hi princess yeah i had an amnio. i think weve sort of got our heads around it as much as we can at the moment, its kind of sinking in whhat it will mean though in terms of how we live our lives and how we do things and the extra care and things the boys will need, portage, physio, speech and language therapy etc depending on the severity of it not to mention as princess says probable appointments with heart consultants etc. its going to be hard long road but we love our boys so so much well do everything we can to make them have the best we can give them.theyll have the same opportunities and experiences as all other children well make sure of it.
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby shrimp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 pm

you are sounding very positive and thats really good........a friends friend had amnio test done on both her pregnancies and she was told they both would have downs but both didnt......so the tests can be wrong......but its good that you are preparing yourself for the hard work ahead - but as these are your first babies when you start looking after them and get in routine you will have known no different so you take what ever comes.......when our twins were born - we just got on with it - despite is being extremely hard work......you will have days of despair and just want to go to bed - dont ever feel guilty when you have these moments - all mothers and all fathers do have moments when you just want to give it all up cos your so tired etc - but when those little lads smile and gurgle at you and sick all over your hair and poo in your hand whilst your trying to put on nappy - you will know smile and think to yourself - wouldnt change this for anything......
glad you went for that buggy - its lovely.............

many nappy days ahead !!!!....
shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm

thanks shrimp. i think its kind of certain that they have due to the tests that we have had.
its definately hitting home a bit now i think
samantha louise
xx
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Have you got a due date yet Samantha?
at least that way you will be able to get everything ready for their birth.
my niece has just had a little boy 2 days ago they have named him Taylor. will go see him next week, she had to have a c section so she will be in for 5 days.
i was looking around the shops to buy him a outfit, i could not believe the prices of baby clothes, you will have to have 2 of everything. hope Craig earns good money..
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Good you are keeping positive.
But as my mum used to say special kids come to special people!
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shrimp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:20 pm

blimey shaz - your niece staying in hospital for 5 days !!!........my twins were delivered by c section on the wednesday and they wanted to kick me out on the friday morning !!!!....i was too scared to take two tiny babies home and asked to stay in another night !!!!!.....and i had lost a lot of blood and they wanted me to have a transfusion !!!.......

when is your due date samantha?

shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:34 pm

they cant seem to give me a definate date atm they say around the middle to end of sept they seem to keep changing there minds but with them being twins and the problems i have been having they may deliver me early. they will apparently do a test to see if there lungs are mature nearer the time depending on how the scans etc go. i have to say though it would be nice to have a due date to tell peoplebut they are doing another dating scan in a couple of weeks so i will hopefully have one after that. i think at this point its more case oif see how the boys are doing and see how im doing and take it from there
samantha - louise
xxx

samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm

good luck at your next scan, let us know how you are on.xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Hope all goes well Sam with yu and the boys!
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby jeannie45 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 pm

hi sam hope things go ok for you :wave: :hugs:

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri May 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Sam i keep meaning to ask you are the boys identical twins?
princess
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics