[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby purplegirly » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:15 pm

purplegirly
UKFM Member

Hi Purple girly

Postby Suzyb » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:06 pm

Still got my sense of humour despite the FMS
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby purplegirly » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:54 am

hi suzyb
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I am not working and I when I did work I was self-employed, I have not worked for 3 years. I first realised how bad my problems had become healthwise when I tried to go back into employment beginning of last year and the pain was too much. I don't think I am entitled to claim anything because of not paying NI for so long, it seems unfair to me, I have been bringing up my children for all this time and anyone with children will know how little recognised that role is.

I've got an appointment with my gp on Monday to see where I go from here, I'm just so down at the moment, I feel like I've reached a dead end.
purplegirly
UKFM Member

Hiya again

Postby Suzyb » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:30 am

Hiya Purple Girly. If I was you I would pop myself along to the citizens advice bureau as I am sure that there is still benefits that you could claim such as DLA which is not a means tested benefit. I can't say for certain but its certainly worth your while to find out. I know that if anyone is not entitled to incapacity benefit they usually pay Severe disablement allowance but I am not sure whether your home circumstances such as having a working husband that you are still with will affect that. Like I said go and get some advice as it would be a shame to lose out on something that you are perfectly entitled to. You might even find that at worst they will pay your NI contributions to help prevent you losing out later in life on your pension.

Hope you will find this a help and that you are having a better day. Suzy
Still got my sense of humour despite the FMS
Suzyb
UKFM Member

Postby EB » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:51 pm

hi PG

God I know the relief you are talking about, having a name to your condition and knowing you are not just imagining it! :)

we sure do understand and as we are all in differnet places with our FM you willl get a wide range of advice and support from everyone :)
EB
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics