[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Thank you

Thank you

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thank you

Postby kayonamission » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Thank you to everyone who left me a welcome message. Its wonderful to find friends that understand & suffer the same daily difficulties. Its also lovely to meet new friends regardless of the illness, I'm not sure if anyone feels the same but I havent seen a lot of my old pre illness friends either due to them not understanding my limitations or the fact that I still find it so hard to sit, chat, & join in with activities when I feel so awful & I'm trying so hard to ignore what the illness is doing to me that day without spoiling eveyone elses fun. I prefer not to bore anyone with the details of how I feel but its difficult isnt it at times when someone greets you with "& how are you today your looking well"? Its amazing what a bit of makeup can do lol I usually just smile & say fine thankyou "& how are you"? Thinking deep inside if only they knew!!
Anyway I hope life is treating you all kindly today & if not you are all managing to cope well & make the most of things.

Kay xx
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Re: Thnak you

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:36 pm

hi Kay
yes i have found we have lost a lot of our friends, we had to cancel so many events last yr due to our health. i hate having to cancel plans at the last minute, but we cant help it.
a few weeks back we were meant to be meeting old friends for a meal.
I had a really bad migraine that day and was in loads of pain, but though i would still go, by the afternoon my OH said there is no way we could go with me being so ill.
he told them i was unwell.
when i felt better i mailed her and said how sorry i was,
but never heard a thing back. :(

hope you are well kay.x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizfin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi, all my friends fell by the way side as well like your saying because i couldnt go on shopping trips or go on nights out like i used to do ( i was always up for a good knees up) so they stopped asking then they gradually stopped visiting now i never see or hear from them, (feel like im moaning ) hope you are all fine today :wave:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby jeannie45 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm

hi kay ,all i can say is you know who are good friends and who are not as to wether they stay with you ,and those who dont are not friends at all, who needs friends like that anyway.
im the same too anyone ask me how i am i just smile and say[quote][/quote]yes im fine ,and realy i feel ill ,at least on here everyone knows what its like to have fms,and we can all have a moan and they understand how it feels ,so anytime you want to have a good moan or get anything off your chest just do it ,we all know and understand ,we all support each other.but we can all have a good laugh too

jeanx :wave:
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby lizfin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 pm

well said jeannie45 lots of people said to be when my friends set me aside they were not friends :)
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby kayonamission » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Thankyou all for your responses to my post, you are all thinking exactly the same as me. The friends that decided to hide away or dont bother to call anymore were not indeed good friends to begin with. I have come to the realization that people are very selfish when a person becomes no longer useful to them they move on to others that are! I have always regarded myself as a considerate & helpful sort of lady who would always help out in times of need. I used to do all manner of things to help out friends. I love to cook, flower arrange , sew,decorate & use my skill of hairdressing. I have in the past used all my good qualitites to help out friends by volenteering to do various tasks that others were not able to do. I always enjoyed doing it & never expected anything in return. As my life has had to slow down or as it is at present deal with a hopeless standstill!!!! I have found that all the folk I did help out suddenly find themselves far to busy even to have a chat with me let alone help in any way, I find it so sad that this has happened. Sorry didnt mean to get on my soapbox!

Wishing you all a good day & sending a hug :hugs: Kay xx
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby lizfin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

hi kay, i was the same as you help others before i would help myself but now im not able my so called friends have went into hiding, i used to phone for a wee blether but the y were always going out or just tob busy to talk to me so now i dont even try. hope your well today liz xxxx :wave:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm

dont you always find though, people who are kind and thoughtful too others get s-----t on,im a person who thinks of other feelings and find it hard to be any different,although iv tried to be a littie harder i cant change the way i am wish i could at times :x :wave: :)

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:37 pm

jean i have to agree tbh it always seems to be the nice ones that care and help other people get taken for granted its horrible when you get treated like that
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby lizfin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm

thats seems to be the way samantha louise i used to think i had done something to offend them but i just think now well im still the same person ive always been ( just a lot slower) :) :wave: :)
lizfin
UKFM Member

Re: Thank you

Postby kayonamission » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Oh Lizfin never think you have done anything to offend people, I rather think the so called friends who go into hiding when the going gets tough are the ones doing the offending! We fibromites need to stick together even if we do it at a nice slow steady pace. At least we all on here understand each other perhaps we are the normal ones & the so called normal ones are the daft ones! lol
kayonamission
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Re: Thank you

Postby lizfin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 pm

thank you kay i realise it now but it took me a long time :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxliz
lizfin
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics