Kids are so cute sometimes..

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Kids are so cute sometimes..

Postby effie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am

I work with children & some know that I struggle. Especially with my hips.
I pushed it a bit today so sat down & up comes one of the lads, he's 5 & requests I playfight with him. We have big softplay we playfight with sometimes.
I said "no, not yet. my hips are a bit achey".
So he said "like what?"
So I explained they felt a bit rusty so I needed to move slowly until they could move properly.
He'd discovered some rust on his bike a couple of weeks ago so felt it was a good comparison as he was really interested by rust & we learnt alot about it.
Off he runs, peace.
Oh no.. in he comes with the cooking oil and looking rather proud of himself.
"Put some of this on & then you can play"... hahahaha.
Bless!
effie
UKFM Member

Re: Kids are so cute sometimes..

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am

awww they say some cute stuff.
i remember once mashing some potatoes, my son was about 2 at the time, just as i started mashing someone outside screamed...my son shouted " stop mum you are hurting the potatoes"
it had me in stitches.
had to explain to him that it was not the potatoes and its ok to eat them..hahaha
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:29 am

Just HAVE to share this....

Who watched Eastenders last night? We were watching it, myself,other half, eldest son (17) and youngest son (11). (Daughter 8 was in bed, so I'm now quite thankful she was!).

Whitney is sitting in the car with that young lad (Is his name Todd? can't remember :dunno: ). He goes off to get chips, but leaves his wallet on drivers seat. Whitney picjs it up, has a bit of a nosey in it.....awww a photo of him as a child (how sweet)........a wrapped condom.........

My 11 year old is shocked (really shocked) :yikes: and yells out.....OMG, He's on DRUGS!!! :yikes: (He can be sooooo serious!)

Well, we were in fits of laughter for ages, tears running down our faces! Bless him, he doesn't know what condoms are :D (He would be horrified and disgusted if he did know haha), and said - It is drugs insn't it? Emmmm, yes son!

Best laugh I've had since this flareup began :D You just have to love their innocence!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm

aww bless hehe xmade me giggle
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby 023Emma » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Hey, I work in a Special Needs School, with 4-6 year olds and i find it tricky too, but all the children are so lovely it's worth the pain.
One day i had a bad ankle and the children wanted me to run around playing footie with them (i'm a bit of a tomboy) So i told them that i have a 'poorly ankle' and couldn't play, so they left it. A little while later one of the children comes up to me and goes "is your ankle still poorly? can you come play?" I thought it was lovely that he had remembered! especially as he is Autistic, it was a big breakthrough!!
023Emma

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:27 pm

i worked with special needs and down kiddies, loved them to bits.
i was on the mini bus taking them home and felt really sick, lucky i had a bag with me.
i was being sick and Dillon was a downs boy he started rubbing my back and saying poor Sharon, it brought a tear to my eyes. really miss them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby effie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Aww yeh, those stories are so cute!! LMAO about the condom.. so funny.
I don't think I could cope with working anywhere else but with kids.
It's when they repeat what they've heard parents say..
One girl told us that her mums boyfriend could only stop over theres on his birthday as a treat!!! HAHAHA, so innocent! We also had one lad bring in his mums & dads "sex dice". You know the ones that say "lick" etc & a body part on the other dice!! Oh dear...
effie
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Think many of us have had this with our little 'cherubs'

Marc was probably about 4 when he told us (house full of visitors!) that Sophie (2) was playing with my plasters.

Ok, no problem.

Sophie toddles through...........covered from head to foot in sanitary towels!!!! :oops: :oops:

(Oh by the way, Marc is watching Eastenders ( :?: ) and now knows the 'drugs' were really condoms! Not sure he knows what they are yet, but he's very pleased it wasn't drugs and shouting through to the diningroom to my otherhalf that its condoms not drugs! Sophie (now 8 ) now wants to know what condoms are!!! HELP!!!!!)
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby effie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm

HAHAHAHA my brother once put one of my mums sanitary towels on his face saying it gave him "tiny eyes". Strange child, that is so funny though! I did actually laugh out loud.
Oh no.. bless him! Oh dear, you'll have to have your conversation hat on & change subject everytime they're mentioned! I hope she isn't the persistent type!!
effie
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics