[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Feeling A Bit Sad.....

Feeling A Bit Sad.....

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling A Bit Sad.....

Postby Ruremi » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I am feeling a bit sad tonight because someone is coming to see one of my dogs tomorrow with a view to taking her as their own. :( My OH thinks three dogs are too much for me, they are all little, Lhasa Apsos and a sheltie. They are coming to see Missy my first Lhasa she has been here since 61/2weeks old she is now 4 1/4yrs old. I would keep them all, but I am so tired of all the moaning. :(

I keep telling myself she would be better getting more attention and being brushed everyday ( I can't always manage that) but it doesn't make me feel better. :cry: I just wonder if OH will just find something else to moan about, he is a grumpy old man after all, he'd give Victor Meldrew a run for his money :lol: .

Sorry for the moan guys just feeling a little low, gosh if they take her I'll be back on in tears :cry: I am still in two minds about this. Help! :needhug: I better go I'll be in tears thinking about it.

Thanks for listening everyone.
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling A Bit Sad.....

Postby jeannie45 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 pm

oh im so sorry it must be realy hard for having to let go ,just go by your own instinct and think of whats best for you and the dogs and how you feel about it not what anyone else thinks ,i cant say whats best for you myself ,i have 2 little dogs so i know what it would be like for me to let them go :hugs: :hugs: :(

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby Boogie Girl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 pm

That is sooo sad. Our dogs are like our children and parting with one must be unbelievably difficult.

You must be sure that it is right for YOU, not everyone else otherwise it may just make things worse rather than better.

:hugs: :hugs:
Boogie Girl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm

:hugs: :hugs: sorry to hear that rurimi.
Try to look at it this way, she will be going to a good home where she will be loved.
will you know who Missy is going to?, iam sure they wont mind if you can visit her.
We have a pup how is nearly 5 months old, that is hard work, never knew the would be so tiring, you do become attached though, so can understand that it must be very hard letting her go..this rotten fibro, its not fair.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ruremi » Fri May 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi and thank you all for your replies. :)
I am actually thinking of going down to the one Lhasa she is 2 in June, if I only have one it would be easier to take her everywhere with me, infact I would have to as I wouldn't have the heart to leave her home alone whereas now I am leaving three so I don't feel so guilty as they have each other for company. :dunno: and you can get closer to just one as they need you more, I am convincing myself yet :?:
My main worry is if Missy goes to this person it will be the first time in her life she would be the only dog, so she would have to go on the understanding she lets me know if she doesn't settle, I'd take her back in a second. :(
It sounds like she will be well looked after and loved even in their extended family so I don't have worries from that point. :)
Anyway they are coming to meet us tonight at eight will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your support :hugs:
:hugs: to you all.
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri May 01, 2009 5:46 pm

My daughter in law has just given her wee dog up for adoption as the baby has bronchial ashma like her dad.
She is heartbroken.
I am so sorry for you, wish i could have helped you.
I have a very good friend in Wales who runs a rescue and she is a lovely lady if you need any help just pm me
fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruremi » Fri May 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Well the lady has been and she has fallen for Missy right away, which isn't difficult she is a big baby really. :)
I am happy they will look after her really well infact maybe even spoil her. So not to sad now :(
She had a Lhasa that died last year so she knows what she is getting into :lol:
I think the fact that I am happy with the people she is going to I am a bit better, it won't be easy but she will be happy that is the main thing.
They are coming for her tomorrow afternoon so I'll need a box of tissues ready.
Sorry to hear about your daughter Princess, at least I still have my other dog that will help a bit.
She is actually going up to Aberdeen to live near the beach so that will be like a holiday for her.
Thanks for all the replies guys they do help. :wave:

Love to all
Moira
(just realised I have never actually told you my name before and I even replied to your post about christian names Princess) :crazy: :crazy: lol
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby Beowulf1976 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 pm

When I had to give my dog up because I split with the man I was living with and he put the house up for sale, I had to find rented accommodation and the only place I found that would accept DSS was a place that said absolutely no, no way to animals so I couldn't take her with me. I had to take her to B'ham Dogs home because even after asking around everywhere I couldn't find ONE person interested in taking her on, she was a tearaway and kept escaping from the garden when let out and everyone knew it so they didn't want to take that on. I think it was made all the worse by not even knowing where she went to, if it was a good home etc. :(

I know exactly how you feel about parting with them, they do become like your own flesh and blood, and I tell you they certainly leave a void that cannot be filled by any other type of animal when they're gone.

If I get any worse I'll have to rehome my rabbits and my rats, which would kill me I tell ya. Already my OH looks after the husbandry of the rabbits, so when they have to go will be down to when he simply will not tolerate the streaming nose and struggling to breathe after he has cleaned them out anymore. As for the rats, it will be when I can no longer clean them out. I have to go to bed after I've done them at the moment :S

Huggles to you all.

I am me, plain and simple in more than one sense of the words! ;)
Beowulf1976
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks Carol I don't think you really understand until your in the position yourself
I think if I had to give up all my dogs and my parrot that would finish me too.

I really hope it never comes to that. :nono: fingers crossed.
Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics