hair - sorry a bit of a rant

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: hair - sorry a bit of a rant

Postby jim100uk » Fri May 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi ,

Time for the man's view. I'm new on here (not an FM sufferer) but my partner has recently been diagnosed with FM. She had all her cut off (and coloured dark) a few weeks ago and absolutely hated it. I didn't mind, it has to be what makes her feel happy and attractive. It is now growing and she has just coloured it much lighter and it has tranformed how she feels about herself (for now anyway). Luckily her hair is quite fine so she won't suffer from the heavy hair thing. Yes it is tough for us OHs because we know you hurt but there's so little we can do to take it away - I have been living 'with it' for 8 months now and it has had a huge impact on how we live our lives already.
jim100uk
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri May 08, 2009 7:19 pm

:welcome: Jim.
its good to get a mans point of view, my man still loves my new short hair cut.. :tongueout: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby emilia13 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:32 pm

hi everyone ,
i m new to you all but it fills like i m at home my husband is the same 'u can t cut ur hair u will look horroble ..............etc..................etc.' and after i cut 2 months later is still going on .
know my biggest problem is he realize how much pain i really im,and understand that yes i m just 28 years old been sufferyin sense i was a child but just diagnose 1 year ago he still doesn t realise i can t do everything animore when is sat on the sofa all day long and i have to look after my 4 ,3, 1 year old children he doesn t help me atol he just goes bla bla bla .
sorry if i have bored u in just need to take out of my chest again.
emilia xxx
emilia13
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 09, 2009 7:59 pm

:welcome: emillia
sounds like you have your hands full.
any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby emilia13 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:45 pm

thank you Shaz.
emilia xxx
emilia13
UKFM Member

Postby Wacky Racky » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Get it cut , n tell him u had to try it, it will grow back. But also if u could percevere with it and grow it long enuf to tie it up, that also would be a good thing, mine was short last summer(short at back n longer at sides) n used to get so frustrating somedays, and most days used to end up having to wash it just so it wud fall right.

But now its to my shoulders and its easier to look after , if i have a bad hair day, its tied up and a nice clip to keep my fringe out of way, and sometimes I can get away without washing it for 4 or 5 days :oops: i know its not ideal but it depends on the kind of week i am having :wink: .

Whatever you want to do with it you just get it done, speak to the hairdresser and she should advise you too :D
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Postby pet » Mon May 18, 2009 1:39 pm

I have long thick hair if it wasnt for my husband i would have to have it cut as i cant manage it.
Not only does he wash ,condition and dry it several times a week,he puts my colour on every 6-8 weeks.
Each morning and evening he brushes it,he does it bit by bit so it doesnt hurt.He is one in a million, so caring and understanding there is nothing he wont do for me and has been the love of my life for 35 years
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain
pet
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics