[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Long day yesterday

Long day yesterday

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Long day yesterday

Postby armanisgirl » Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 am

I went to a family do yesterday - a first communion. I'd never been to one before so wasn't sure what to expect. It left me absolutely shattered!

The pews in the chapel - I felt crippled once the communion was over! My back was in bits; those benches were never dsigned for comfort, that's for sure! All the standing up and sitting down; my hips and knees wanted to burst! The kneeling down so much; I thought I was gonna get stuck! I eventually gave up and just sat! Not that sitting was comfortable by any means! Think I'll hire crutches or something for the next one! Then people won't glare when I remain seated while they kneel/stand.

But it was a lovely day, the children were very proud, as were the parents. We then went to a party in a pub. It wasn't a huge room, just the right size for a few family and friends. But the music!! In a small room, a DJ with full set-up - ear drums are still ringing this morning! By the time we got home (around 6pm) I was convinced I needed a hearing aid :lol: I hadn't thought about how loud music at a 'do' would hurt my ears. When we got home, I was so drained and sore, I went to bed!!

Next time, I'm going to hire crutches or something, take a big fat fluffy cushion to sit on, and wear ear plugs!! :lol: :lol:

I'm not up early today because I got plenty of sleep last night either. I got woken up by our bloomin dog barking at fresh air! So the dog is now in the bad books! I had been looking forward to laying in bed until at least 10am, so looks like I'll be having another early night lol.

Oh the joys of fibro :D
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: Long day yesterday

Postby samantha louise » Sun May 10, 2009 8:06 am

aw hun im sorry you feel o rubbish but it sounds like it was a lovely day. i went to a first communion about YEAR AGO IT was lovely. sorry for the caps lol hope you feel better soon xx
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Sun May 10, 2009 12:21 pm

At least you went which is better than staying at home and wishing you were there.We have to way up the pros and cons and doing something normal is a boost to our mental state. :D motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm

At least you did make it, bet that was an effort just getting ready for it.
glad you had a good day, sorry to hear you are feeling rough now, that is the horrid side of fibro,
one day of enjoyment and the next week recovering.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics