[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - itchy all over

itchy all over

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

itchy all over

Postby princess » Tue May 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I woke at 3am feeling as though i was dreaming about itching - since then i have itched all over, no spots just incredibly itchy.
Having a granddaughter i have checked my hair.
Checked the cat
Nothing........................................................ but am so itchy.
Any ideas

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: itchy all over

Postby shazq » Wed May 13, 2009 1:00 pm

well if you find one pass it on to me...i have been itching all morning..OH was itching yesterday, cleaned the bedding, flea-ed the animals. keep scratching my head and making it sore.
not sure what is causing it... :?
i do go through stages of it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kayonamission » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

I get the mad itching as well, so those fleas must be jumping lol! I like you checked the dog,cat & rabbit & washed everything in site & checked all labels on washing powder & shower/bath gels etc but all to no avail the damn icthing continued. The GP said all he could think of was a nerve type thing. I dont get it all the time but about every 3/4 days it starts up again it drives me mad. I would imagine like the rest of you that you have very hot red & sore skin with all the stratching.
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 pm

If you remember princess when i first joined i posted about itching.I have worked it out that i deffinately get it worse when i have been wearing tights or lots of layers ,then it turns warm unexspectedly.Then I will itch for England ,hahahah You didnt change your washing products did you ???????/ :dunno: motherelle.xx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed May 13, 2009 4:43 pm

i have not changed anything, not sure what triggers mine off, but once you start its hard to stop.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby armanisgirl » Wed May 13, 2009 5:00 pm

I agree, it's most likely to be something to do with your nerves. For whatever reason, the nerve endings may be over-reacting or over working. I once went to my GP and told her I felt like I have a load of wasps crawling about in my hair! It was so awful! She thought it was the nerve endings in my scalp and gave me a prescription for a liquid to soothe the itch, and it worked. (Honest, it wasn't nit lotion! :lol: ). Just wondering if something like piriton might stop the itching? Unlikely if it's not a reaction to something, but if you don't know what's causing it, perhaps it's worth a try to get some relief? I also find my head becomes very itchy when my hair gets a bit longer - I tend to keep my hair quite short as I can't be bothered with the pains of blow-drying it, and as it gets itchy when it's a bit longer, it could also be sweat related? My hed has been itchy for a week or so now so I know it needs cut again.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed May 13, 2009 7:04 pm

my GP put me on antihistamines for something else and said that should stop the itching, it did work for the itching but not for what they were prescribed for, so he took me off them. :?
that was about a month ago, the itching has started up in the last few days.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Wed May 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Got up this morning and its gone and i am itchy free!!!!!
Whopeee if could just get rid of this me/fibro now hahahha
oh well i can dream!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby ellen b » Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Itchy gone that good :D

Me/fibro gone would be a wonderful miracle :D

Here's hoping
:dunno:
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX