[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Runnaway car

Runnaway car

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Runnaway car

Postby princess P » Sun May 17, 2009 12:25 am

I hav had a mad week, on wed i went to the bank in my lunch hour from college, when i got back and parked the car, i turned to pick up my hand bag which i had put on the ground. When i notice my car is moving away towards other cars, so me trying to avert a disaster ran after it (well attempted to run) and managed to get in the door and steer away from the other parked cars. :x :dunno: The hand brake is f****d and i now know not to park on a slope until it gets fixed. I managed to twist my back and neck in the process. Wot a complete div :yikes: . Went to a+e and they did not giv me anything for the pain which was pretty bad even after i had taken co-codamol and diazapam. Because i am due to c pain doc on mon this was all they could say, and they ref :yikes: red me for physio, who hav just discharged me because they cannot do anything for me. :banghead: I am still in agony and hav decided that the care or non-care which i am recieving is rubbish my faith in the nhs is going rapidly down the spout, which is unfortunate as i am a student nurse. :dunno: Sorry for the rant. I am just so glad i can speak to people here. :needhug:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Re: Runnaway car

Postby kayonamission » Sun May 17, 2009 3:37 am

Well done princess on your quick thinking & actions on saving your runaway car. I bet your neck & back took a hammering. I agree with the lack of nhs help when an injury is showed to them if you are suffering Fibro. all they say is you have Fibro what do you expect other than pain, I got the same reaction from a twisted ankle after a fall on the stairs! We are entitled to have other pains apart from the normal Fibro ones.
I hope you soon feel abit better & your neck & back dont hurt for to long.
Perhaps your car is coming out in sympathy with you " slack hangbreak due to Fibro" lol lets hope the garage view the cars problem better than the A&E dept did you.

Take care Kay xxx
kayonamission
please understand its still me altho I get confused & work slower than I used too before the Fibro devil moved in with me!
kayonamission
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 17, 2009 6:31 pm

OMG that must of been scary, lucky you caught it. you better get that fixed soon you dont want that happening again.
hope your sore body ease's soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sun May 17, 2009 7:11 pm

As long as you are ok, and you will mend. well done you Student Nurse - my daughterr has qualified 3 years ago.
The world needs good Nurses, hope it all goes well.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby zil » Sun May 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi

I had a run away car and it ended up in the side of another one. My son knocked the handbrake as he got out. Pretty exspensive repair.

NHS has some very good departments in fact I would go as far as saying excellent, but it also has some departments that are so bad they should be shut down.

Zil
zil
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics