I did it!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I did it!!

Postby armanisgirl » Thu May 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Well, I managed to get myself through the door and into the dentists chair today! I explained about the problems I've had in the past - 6 injections and still able to feel the pain :( and also told him I have fibro, so maybe that's why the injections don't work.

I've to get some fillings and a crown. I did say I'd prefer to have all my teeth out, but as usual, the dentist wasn't willing (patching teeth up is far more financially appealing than the patients constant pain to a dentist!!!). Have to say, although I'm really not looking forward to the fillings, I am absolutely dreading getting the crown - have heard some lovely horror stories over the years, so think I'll need some valium or something before I get that done!

Oh I wish I could win the lottery - then I'd go private and find a dentist that would take all these knackered teeth away!!! :lol: Til then, I'll persevere with the patchwork teeth :(
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Re: I did it!!

Postby ellen b » Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Congratulations for getting through the door, :clap: just a suggestion are you near any dental teaching hospital. I found they are a lot more understanding and actually listen to the patient. Take care.
Ellen
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby Ruremi » Thu May 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Well Done you!!! :hugs: you deserve that hug. :woot:
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Thu May 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks! :D

I'm sure theres a dental hospital in Liverpool, but thought you either had to be referred there or go as an emergency if you weren't registered? Mind you, today was only a quick check, once he has a proper investigation of my mouth he might well refer me anyway, particularly after I've thrown up all over him!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: The one thing he didn't mention that I thought he may have, was regarding my bridge. I've had it since I was a teenager (had some teeth removed after a 4 year long persistent abcess ruined fron bottom teeth), and it is in quite bad condition - gum has shrunk below the bridge so what's left of the teeth that were filed for the bridge to attach to are exposed (last dentist did patch the area but not that well) and as I grind my teeth a lot, the bridge has been ground so that one bit has a little hole in it. My last dentist did comment on how it was needing replaced but never did replace it. I know they cost a fortune, so have always thought the dentist was hoping that I'd have come off tax credits and would have to pay for a new one myself! But this new dentist hasn't mentioned the condition of the bridge at all yet. Like I say, it was only a very quick check up (he did ask did I want him to do any work on my teeth today - omg no way, not prepared for that! lol). I go back in a month so maybe he'll mention everything then, when my mouth/face is totally frozen and he can get a proper prod at each tooth!

Glad the first appointment is over with though, am such a wimp!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Welldone Armanisgirl. Hope everything goes ok. :hugs: motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Thu May 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Well done nothign wose than the dentist - i was going to say you can get referred to the Dental Hospital for any problems you think are beyond your Dentist.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby claire edwards » Sat May 23, 2009 1:16 am

:clap: :clap:
well done for going to the dentist,
they are horrible places and i worry for days before i have to go...i hope that whatever you have done in the end is painfree as possible..
:grouphug:
take care
claire
xx
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics