[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The joy??? of children

The joy??? of children

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The joy??? of children

Postby unigirl1981 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm

yesterday had a child free night (thanks to MIL) and decided to treat ourselves to a take away. i called the indian and ordered the food and went up stairs for the money.

we have been saving money for xmas all year and its the only way we can afford xmas every year. i was going to take £15 out of it and put it back today after being to town. i went to get it and couldnt find it in the right "safe" place/ OH came up and we found the pot the money was in on the bath. it wasnt there that morning coz i cleaned the bath. :yikes:

My 6 year old is hyperactive and is very mischievous so i headed to his room. we got so wound up, its a fair bit of money and my heart was pounding!!! it didnt help that that the first thing i stood on in his room was a pair of kiddie scissors :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also on his writing table was an open prit stick and lots of bits of paper! luckily though it wasnt money. Next step was to call MIL and ask to speak to him. it took 15 mins or so to get the truth and i had to explain that he would be in more trouble if he didnt tell the truth. It was in his brothers toy box, all folded up in neat squares at the bottom!!!!!!

Kids eh?? could of cried when i found the money. We have now hidden it very high up so even i cant reach!!!!

Couldnt be too mad though, should have put it in a better place and at least he hadnt flushed it or cut it up i suppose. he is very hyperactive and does tend to do silly things; he has no sence of danger and can really test us but at least he told the truth in the end!!!!!! :crazy:
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Re: The joy??? of children

Postby gillshutt » Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 am

Buy a safe :D I'm not sure I could have restrained myself from strangling him :lol:

Glad it all turned out ok in the end ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue May 26, 2009 2:52 pm

glad you found the money in one piece, just think it could have been cut into tiny little pieces..lol.
yrs ago i had some money put into an envelope with the gas bill, i forgot to pay it for some reason and got the red bill in, so thought i should go pay it.
so tore up the first bill in the envelope with the money in :yikes: :roll: , i tore it into 4 pieces, so i had to stick it all back together and take it to the bank, lucky they took it, i was so scared in case they refused to take it, there was £80 all :roll: stuck together..
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby luuluu » Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Glad you found the money ok :D a few years ago I had saved up some xmas money 'in a safeplace' :roll: have never seen it since, think it may have gone to the charity shop in an old bag :(

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 pm

My wee boy put his Papa's wallet and keys down the toilet and flushed it - fortunately they didnt go away hahahahahah
Kids who would have them - me for one hahaha
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics