[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - cell phones & thunderstorms

cell phones & thunderstorms

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cell phones & thunderstorms

Postby shazq » Wed May 27, 2009 4:36 pm

got this by e-mail, have seen it before but thought it might be of interest to others who have not seen it.
it did come with pics showing burns to peoples hands.

Never, Never, Never do this.

A few days ago, a person was recharging his mobile phone at home.

Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the
Instrument still connected to the outlet.

After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained
and the young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with

a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers.

He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Cell phones are a very useful modern invention.

However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death.

Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: cell phones & thunderstorms

Postby armanisgirl » Wed May 27, 2009 5:15 pm

:yikes: I use mine all the time when it's charging :yikes: having said that, I won't go near anything if there's a thunderstorm, and won't allow anyone to use the phone. My sister's ex had a nasty shock when he used a phone in a thunderstorm - had a bit of a burnt ear, damaged eardrum and had to get ECGs done to check there was no damage to his heart. He was okay in the end. I remeber as a child my mum drumming it into us not to go near the phone, tv or use any electrical item when there was a thunder storm. Think she went a bit OTT though, as at one point I was hysterical whenever there was a thunderstorm :lol: :lol: I'm fine now though - wary but enjoy seeing the lightening if it's in the distance.

A good post Shaz!! :clap:
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed May 27, 2009 5:26 pm

that must of been scary.
yrs ago we had a bolt of lightening come through the plug, it blew up our video player, we pooped ourselves..lol.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Wed May 27, 2009 9:21 pm

I love thunder and lightening - i came over the South China Seas in a 747 and it was amazing i had the blind up watching it - but was told to put it down as i was upsetting others.
Amazing energy!!!
princess

mum mum used to open the back and front door to let it come in and out the house hahahah
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 28, 2009 1:24 pm

i love to watch a storm if i am inside..
i would freak out if i was on a plane in a thunder storm....
saw some great storms in America.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics