[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Has this forum helped you?

Has this forum helped you?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has this forum helped you?

Postby princess » Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes definately - nice to speak to people in the same situation as yourself.
Also a lot of good information from the mods and posters on the forum.
Also feel safe on this forum as its well run.
Excellent to know everyone's medication history and problems.
and just to know someone out there really understands how you feel with this terrible illness.

Mods they hear you out, and answer, any question you may have.
princess

(ps i dont think it does any harm to just let people know we appreciate all the time they take to let us have this forum). After all praise is always nice to get!

princess :clap: :clap:
Last edited by princess on Sun May 31, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Has this forum helped you?

Postby anne1206 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Hear Hear :clap: :clap: :clap: agree with you entirely, I woud never have come to terms with this illness if I had not found this forum, A friend of my mums has recenty been diagnosed and it has made me feel better being able to help her, she does not have a computer so I printed off "the spoon theory and A Letter to normals" I am also able to tell her she is not alone and I relay some of the posts to her. Never a day goes by that I dont log on (hubby calls it my daily fix) even when on holiday I found an internet cafe :D :clap: :clap: Think the mods do a wonderful job, and my hat off to them since they are dealing with the same problems as the rest of us.
So for me it has helped tremendously, so thank to all who contribute with their little stories and problems, as the old saying goes "a problem shared is a problem halved"

Take care all
Anne
:wave: :hugs: :hugs:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby ellen b » Sun May 31, 2009 7:16 pm

This forum has really helped me by being there on my darkest days when I don't want to carry on and on my good days when I can share happy days.
Thanks to the Mods for being there and providing much needed support & guidance :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And also a big thank you to fellow posters, who have helped and been there as well :hugs:
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 31, 2009 8:24 pm

this forum has been a big help to me, its always nice to know that if you log on there is always someone on to listen to you.
everyone is very friendly, some go out of their way to help and support your needs.
The info is very good, there are a lot of links for support.
this is my daily fix too... :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 am

i didnt realise till last night that i was already regisitered on here, been waiting to hear that id been accepted since Feb, but im glad i now have been.

I had a really good look around here and i think the mods and all you posters are amazing, we are all going the same thing one way or another so it is great we can go through it together. My OH is just fantastic, couldnt ask for better, but its still nice to talk to those in the same situ.

i had a really good laugh last night on the fog moments forum, shouldnt at all your mis-fortunes, but i hadnt laugh so hard that i had tears streaming down my cheeks for sooooo long.

i look forward to getting to know you all at this will now be my daily fix also! :wave:

:grouphug:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 am

i think this forum is fantastic - all that has been said above i agree with. the special thing for me about this forum is when i hit the "beat myself up" bit when i go back to the "i am lazy, useless, i could get better if i really wanted, i am making this up" there is always someone here that completely understands where i am at and can support getting back to the acceptance needed. i hope i am able to help others as well as it is important that support is 2 way and this forum always gives the feeling that i am not just taking.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:24 pm

What she said :D :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Without this forum I'd go bonkers :crazy: well more bonkers anyway :clap: Its great to be able to talk to people that just 'know' what your feeling :)

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby Cuddles6 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:46 am

I only joined last week but I am so grateful that I found this forum.

I have been suffering for about 12 years without diagnosis because of an uhelpful doctor. I trully was in the pits of despair. My life really didnt feel worth living. However I have a new doctor now who is supporting me with the fibro which is life changing for me!

I then found this forum and it really is the icing on the cake!
Since reading the posts on here and communicating with others that have the same illness I seem to have gathered new strength. I have made that appointment for my smeer test which is long overdue and I did have abnormal cells before. I have also made the appointment for my eye test next week also overdue.
The next thing is dentist. I am terrified of the dentist and I must admit my teeth are in a terrible state. I must go! I have had toothe ache and all sorts but I got so used to being in pain that I just put up with it.

After that its the gall stone to be dealt with.

These are all problems that can be dealt with so I am dealing with them.
Thank you all for being there (or should I say here).

Yes this wonderful forum has helped me more than I can say!!!!!

:) x
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm

:welcome: Cuddles.

I'm glad you have found the site and it has given you inner strength, also please to read about your appointments - especially the smear test - everyone on here im sure will agree it is not nice,but necessary (had to look in dictionary, mind went blank!) to go through.

go on now and make that appointment for the dentist, you can do the others, you can do this!

all the best, see you soon.

Dee

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:18 pm

just had to cancel my dentist appointment, we booked to go away for a few days.
Cant get another appointment until august. :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Shaz, enjoy your few days away, im sure you deserve a rest than going to the dentist, and august insnt that far ahead!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gilly54 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 am

Yes it's helped me. I think it's a fab place. I have a horrible habit of letting things build up till I can't cope then shut myself off from people. I feel that I can still pop in here after one of those bouts and not be shunned. Lots of others in the same/similar pain etc as myself so I don't feel like the odd one out. Excellent place, I love it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
gilly54
UKFM Member

Postby susie ray » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Its helping me now, I was feeling so awful I had not heard of FM nor met anyone with it, I was quite scared but Iv read this forum now for a couple of weeks and learned so much
thanks
susie ray
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics