[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - reassurance required!!!!!!

reassurance required!!!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Also trauma must have a connection.Last april I fell down the stairs when visiting a relatives house.Ambulance to hospital,luckily nothing was broken,just bad bruising to my legs.Now although the virus seemed to kick it all off 3 years ago, I had started to get better just before the fall.So it seems the FMS has a few triggers.I was back to square one after the fall.
Take care
Rita xx :)
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby julie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:30 pm

thanks everyone,, it seems like no reassurance available but feels good to know i not alone. seems like a little community going here.....glad i found ya,ll
julie
UKFM Member

Postby elaine ann » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:51 pm

for catherine or karen
i also had parvo three years ago and i have been terrible ever since.do you get a reacurrance of the rash.i had a rash a month ago and i have a rash again just wonderd if you have the same flare up?
elaine clayton
elaine ann
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:22 pm

Hello Julie,
What part of Wales are you in?
Myself and some of the other ladies (so far....come on boys) are trying to get together for a coffee morning or something. We are in South Wales.

As some of the other posters have said, this is a very individual condition, we are all different even though we have the same thing. Some people have an initial flare up and when it settles are never troubled by Fibro again, others are quite disabled by it.
I am on Prozac but have tried amitryptaline in the past and I thought it was good for nerve pain. I couldn't manage without it, my life is too full of stresses for me to even contemplate it. I've accepted that, to me , prozac is a crutch..... and if my leg was broken I'd use an elbow crutch...well there's a chemical imbalance in my brain....prozac helps even it out.
If your Gp is willing to work with you slowly you'll get there.
Just always remember....... yesterday has gone, today may be bad but tomorrow might be wonderful. Positive Mental Attitude really helps ...believe me.
Buffy x
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby julie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:07 pm

julie
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Hiya Julie,
Re: The weight gain, er.....I've put weight on recently due to my lack of activity....but to be totally honest...er...er...um.... I've always been a porker so most people wouldn't be able to tell...lol.
Most of us put our weight gain down to the meds..but it's a combination of medications, lack of calorie burning due to the limitations that pain puts on our activity levels, and eating more out of boredom or depression.
If you can control your diet or exercise, then the meds shouldn't give you too many problems.
We'll need to have an msn get together and start planning a coffee morning or something.
Glad to be getting to know you though.
With smiles
Buffy
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby julie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm

hi buffy, you sound like you have managed to retain your sense of humour...that encouraging. have u tried any alternative therapies and if so what have you found works. how old r u? apologise if u already told me(at htis point i could blame brain fog, but to be honest always had head like a sieve) what kind of support have you had from nhs in your area
julie
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:21 pm

I've had excellent support from my local NHS. :D
My Gp (eventually ) was great, the Rheumie appointment came through quickly and they got me on the physio programme within 4 weeks of being seen. I know I am very lucky in that regard.
I'm 38 I think, :? I'm not 100% sure but I think I am 39 in June, I'll check with my kids when they come home from school...lol. :lol:
I've tried Acupuncture on my neck before I was diagnosed with FM and I thought it was brilliant, From 8 painkillers a day & pregabalin , I was down to just the Pregabalin. Sadly now I'm on 8 times as much Pregabalin and loads more painkillers but then again, the pain isn't just in my neck anymore. :shock:
I think my physio is going to try acupuncture on my legs, I'll let you know what happens.
Hope every one has enjoyed the little bit of sunshine that fought it's way through today.
With smiles
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Hi Buffy,

How long have you been on the Pregablin? Have just been reading about it in the FaMily mag. Has it helped? At present I am on Robaxin(methocarbamol) really not sure if it is helping although I am getting a slightly better nights sleep.

Hi Julie,

I have acupuncture on my neck but If I have it on my lower back it sends me into spasms. My acupuncturist also massages my neck and shoulders before she starts and she also uses other pressure points. I have treatment once a month and I feel it helps if only for state of mind sometimes.

I also have reflexology which I can thoroughly recommend it's so relaxing and it's surprising what can be picked up by relexology Sue my reflexologist can tell exactly where I hurt without me telling her.

Gentle Hugs to everyone

Carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:15 pm

I've been on Pregabalin for about a year. But was on minimal doses til October. I find it helps a lot, last week I ran out and was without for 2 days...it has set me back weeks... bagger
Keep smiling
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby mairi » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:35 pm

Was very interested in your experience of acupunture in the lower back causing spasm.
I had several sessions of acupuncture some years ago and it helped (along with faith in the very caring, knowledgable practitioner). However at the end of one treatment my breathing went into spasm then my limbs. It was frightening and I was a long way from home. With the help of a doctor who was on the premises I was able to regulate my breathing using a paper bag. It was a miracle I got home as I could hardly walk. Was told to report the reaction to my previous GP but knew he was not interested so told the chiropractor who said 'something had been set off'. Was advised to have a warm bath and take a small brandy! He checked me out the following day. At the time I thought I had got chilled moving from the warm clinic then decided nerves had been affected. Your post backs up this theory.

Acupuncture IS very helpful. This post is not to alarm people only an acknowledgement that someone else had spasms. I would say take care after ANY treatment. Keep warm and don't push yourself. Your body systems have been adjusted, for want of a better word.
mairi
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics