Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Pam » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi all, really nervous about this, but here goes!

I basically just wanted to talk to someone in the same boat. Feel really lonely and its taken me ages to pluck up the courage to join the forum.

I won't bore you with my 'long' story unless anyone is interested, but to cut a long story short I have been ill for about 6 years and was diagnosed in 2004.

I have lost my job and quite a few of my 'friends' & feel really isolated. I am 40 years old. My husband is very supportive but I feel only a fellow sufferer knows what I'm going through. I try to remain postitive most of the time for his sake and that of the childrens(I have 2)but some days I find it really hard.

Hope to hear from someone!! :lol:
Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu,when someone smiled @ me today I started smiling too!!
Pam
UKFM Newbie

Postby IanR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:09 pm

hi Pam no need to be nervous your amongst freinds who know just how you feel day in day out you have come to the right place
any help you need you will find here some were i'm sure

as far as your long story if it makes you feel better then go for it get it out of ya system we all do it and we all listen with understanding {was gona say ears but i'll say } eyes :lol: :lol: {concidering we reading not listening sorry bad joke but i try } :lol:

hope you find what your looking for here hopefully a lot of new real friends

take care

Ian
IanR
UKFM Member

hi there

Postby crystal24 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:18 pm

Hiya Pam

Unfortunately we are all in the same boat here and since i joined this web site back in about sept..... or there abouts i have had nothing but encouragement from people who dont know me from adam but know exactly what i am going through.... I am sure they will be the same for you.

I live in ellesmere port and dont know anyone else around here who has fms, my doctor is supportive but had to be encouraged at first, my consultant diagnosed me immediately when i had been back and forth for a long time - years in fact - and it was like hey i am not mad and i have something wrong with me - not happy but relieved if you know what i mean..... :lol:

I have 3 sons - all men now and until last wed had 2 at home and i in the army - now 1 in the raf and 1 in the army and one at home - the eldest who will never leave.....

Anyway if you want to chat you know where we are

take care of yourself

gentle hug

crystal (jan)
crystal24
UKFM Member

Postby julie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:25 pm

hi pam... i was really nervous about joining but so far i have received encouraging replies and promises that i can talk anytime i need to....worth its weight in gold when you dont want to burden your family too much..im sure that you will find the same. keep positive if you can (easier said than done!!!! i know) and remember that someone is always on this site. keep well and keep smiling!!!
julie
UKFM Member

Hi Pam,

Postby TinaT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:38 pm

I'm new to this site too - first visit yesterday - but was given such a warm welcome. I too felt isolated - and sometimes as if I might be going mad ( but everyone says that's nothing to do with the fibro' :lol: ) with frustration because I want to do more, but can't!
There isn't a support group close by and my partner , although he tries to understand, believes in being positive always and I know he doesn't want to listen about how bad I feel - he wants to see a smile - and sometimes all I want to do is scream!! :)
Yes - I do have a screaming room! :lol:
Gentle hugs,
Tina
"If you see someone without a smile - give them one of yours"
TinaT
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi Pam,I am new too.Its wonderful to be able to come to a place where other people understand just what we are going through.My husband tries to understand but I think he gets bored if I go on about it too much :)
Also other people around me don't seem to understand how ill I feel or how bad the pain is. :roll:
At least here we are all in the same boat and understand. :)
Take Care
Rita xx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics