[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Getting Married!

Getting Married!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Getting Married!

Postby Deegill » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 pm

On Monday just gone my Oh phoned the registry office to book our wedding, 22nd August - THIS YEAR :yikes:

oh what a nightmare it is turning out to be.

On Thursday driving back from Somerset, we stopped off in Portswood, near Southampton as we know there is a bridal shop there, bearing in mind, ive had hardly any sleep in pain, and still had another hour to drive, we get there and the flipping shop is closed on a Thursday, how dare they be closed!!! my daughter was eager for me to go into Southampton, i hate the place as it is and it was nearing 5pm, so no we didnt go, as we were driving down the motorway, she saw a sign for whitley village, ok, good idea, posh village, got to have something, so from 3rd lane and to get across, made it in time for the slip road.

We park up, must be at least 50pm by then, so thought shops be shut but will wander round now we are here, could see anything wedding'y so went into one shop - by the way, found shops didnt shut till 6pm, bit of luck that was, we walked passed one shop, looked like it was for the older generation, so carried on, but as we were walking back, saw some posh hats, so maybe just maybe might have a dress suitable.

Found a dress but daughter didnt like the beading bit at top, so carry on looking, they had a beautiful wedding dress but that was white, so again carried on, then i found a lovely light purple dress, goes into changing rooms.

I put the dress on, thinking, how odd to have zip up front, but has two scarfy bits flowing down the side of it to hide the zip, i step out and show daughter, we liked it, but the shop assistant kept looking at me, asked me to turn around, i had it on BACK TO FRONT :D :yikes:

Oh i laughed, i was so tired and hot, it was rather embarressing, but laughed it off anyway and put it on the right way round. after a while, i decided i didnt want it, it felt to pale, wishy washy on me, im pale enough, so the assistant said have you tried this one - being the first one with the beads, as she got closer, i said to daughter, i dont know, it might look better on.

And indeed it did, so i BOUGHT it, WOW, thought id have trouble finding something to hide my fatty bits, but the best thing was it was

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE, so daughter and i went looking, we found a dress that would of been perfect for daughter if the belt/sash thing wasnt sown in with a flower on cause the colour was greeny grey, my dress purple and white, so, i got myself an evening dress, didnt have a bigger size than my wedding dress, which with the evening dress i'd need as it is a bit clingy, but, i want to loose weight and am slowly, its free, so nothing lost if i dont wear it, which im now till ive lost weight,

So Monday, booked the registry office, Thursday buys wedding dress, and yesturday, we ordered our wedding rings, which took nearly two hours in the shop to find size, as in width, weight of it, and other technogal bits, do apologise for spelling, im tired.

but im having problem finding a venue and have no idea how many ppl are coming.

The other problem i have, is im not eating, havent eaten since Tuesday, im finding i havent got the time or im just not hungry, and im now suffering for it,. :needhug:

Rambled on for a bit too long, sorry but im excited and wanted to share it with you,

Denise xxxxx :hugs:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Re: Getting Married!

Postby smiler22 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:45 pm

lovely too hear your good news. congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

hope you have got everything you need for your big day. xx
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 am

hay congratulations :hugs:
chill out and just go with the flow :lol:
ow an remember to eat!! or will be very ill an not enjoy your big day
all the best :D
loubie x :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

congratulations.

its always nice to hear people's good news
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Congratulations :D We're all coming so it had better be a big venue :lol: ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Congrats :clap: :clap: :woot:
That will keep you busy.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Congratulations Honey i hope you have a lovely day.

prince

edited due to cap letters.shazq
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Deegill » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:18 pm

:D thank you all for your congratulations and best wishes, it has cheered me up after a bad day, tiredness and weakness.

I did force myself to eat abit of dinner tonight, and will do so daily, be no good to anyone if im ill.

take care and gentle fibro :grouphug: to you all.

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

congrastulation :woot: :woot: and all the best for your wedding
i was married last year iv been married before,my two daughters and my two grandaughter were bridesmaid ,i had a wedding dress with beads and pearls and a long train in ivory,when i married before it was a register office and in a pink suit which was nice ,it was so lovely it was a sunny day in feb.

jeanx :wave: :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

To have another chance of love for ever is wonderful.
I hope you have a lovely day to remember.
I wish you both a happy and hopefully healthy marriage that lasts a life time.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby ellen b » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Congratulations, I hope you have a wonderful day and a long and happy marriage. :D

Take care and look after yourselves.

Ellen :hugs:
The mind is mostly willing, the body has other ideas XXX
ellen b
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics