I am sick of my neigbours!!!!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am sick of my neigbours!!!!

Postby unigirl1981 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 am

My neighbours have been strimming their front garden since 5am and i am SICK of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are ruggies and the stream of people coming and going never ends, their kids run wild and cause chaos and noone does anything!

i have reported them to social services but when a socail worker calls they pretend not to be in and i called the council anto social behaviour number this moring but had to leave my name so couldnt do it. (i have to live here and the last person who owned up to reporting them got a spade thrugh their front door window)

why do some people insist on making peoples lives hell and why do they get away with it??? i am so tired i could cry and i cant sleep now because i am overtired!

arrgghh!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Re: I am sick of my neigbours!!!!

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:37 am

So sorry you are having problems with your neighbours :( Maybe you could try going to see someone at the council and explain that you want to remain anon because of what's happened before. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 am

Strimming at 5am :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

No wonder why your so angry!!!

I hope the council do something soon!!!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm

OMG . you poor thing, that must of been so annoying for all your family.
Who in their right minds would cut the hedge at that time....
You should have a word with your other neighbours to see if it woke them to, then write a letter of complaint to the council, try to get your neighbours to sign it to.

If you are scared they might say/do something to you then you can still write a letter of complaint, but stay anonymous.

The council have to investigate a complaint.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:46 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:39 pm

I can totally relate to this!!

I have just moved into a flat of my own (council place) and the woman downstairs is a right pain in the bum.

She has 2 kids of her own. The little girl is lush but the lad has zero manners. She plays drum and bass music proper loud. Now don't get me wrong, I like D&B music but my god, there is loud and there is loud!!
She also appears to like playing it as early as 3am, 4am and 5.30am. I had to go and ask her to turn it down this weekend as she woke my kids. It was on at 4am. I wa not amused. I have also reported her to the council today, and it appears they knew about her before allocating me the flat.

record everything chick.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 pm

I hope you both get some help from the council. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Wacky Racky » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I live in a terraced kinda house , with a house attached on one side and council flats on the other side, the house side has a newish tenant living there she recently bought the house she lives alone but her girlfriend stays over and she has her own kids and sounds clueless (thats the girlfriend), when they have had a drink they argue badly.Then of course is the loud bass of the music which isn't even decent music, my house vibrates its that loud, but when i have been round knocking on door they dont answer.
Recently a women and her 2 brat kids 2 cats and a dog as moved into a bottom flat and the whole family are weird the lad is 15 and my 8 yr old is more mature!!!

So i know where you are coming from with neighbours,I did used to tell my teenagers to keep the noise down but to be honest now i dont bother, dont think they would hear em anyway lol

Really dont know which way you should go with it , but if its council property i would report them as nuisance neighbours and im pretty sure that you can do that annoymously.

Whatvever you decide to do , good luck and dont let em drag you down x x
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Re: I am sick of my neigbours!!!! UPDATE!!

Postby unigirl1981 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Well i did report my neighbour anonymously after calling lots of different departments to the council. but thats not where it ended...

i enjoyed a nice lie in the next day but then at 3.45am on Tuesday morning i heard what sounded like an argument and looked out of my wondow to see the neighbour in question arguing on her phone to someone, shouting obscentities so loud everyone could here. (i am 2 doors up and it woke me up through doube glazing) she was yelling things like "oh yes you dare mate" and "i dont f******g care you will be dead " etc etc.

all this while she walked from front door to pavement and back again pacing up and down. then she turns to her house and yelled"go back to f*****g sleep you b*****ds" to the kids who were presumably in bed!!!!!!!!!

about 30 mins later she just turned around and went inside! odd. i am so fed up of her.

because of this is am exhausted but cannot sleep (the irony) and am so tired i could cry. evrytime i lie in bed i just get tired and almost drop off but cant which is maddening to say the least!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby spanner » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi - i have only just joined this site as a recently diagnosed newbie in june. i have read this topic with interest. i note many of you report domestics next door, arguements on the phone etc. Dont forget you should / can call the police to sort the domestic out - they are duty bound to attend all reported domestic incidents. if the people in the house have been drinking then they often end up with a free ride to the police station. if children are in the house the police automatically send a report to social services dept - who compile their own records. so two diff statutory authorities have reocrds on them so this all helps when councils / housing assoc. want evidence to act / evict their tenants. you can tell the police your details but say you wish to remain anon!

however - dont phone up and say there is a domestic incident when there isnt cos you could get noted as a hoax caller!!

hope this helps someone.....

spanner
spanner
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Uni did you have a word with your other neighbours?
Ask them to write or phone about her to, that way they have to deal with it.
Good luck.

Oh i remember we lived 2 doors down from a very scruffy couple with 4 little kids, the poor kids were always dirty.
They never cut the lawn, and had 2 dogs, the dogs just messed all over the place.
No idea why but they had this old boat in the front garden.
Anyway in the summer the smell from the house and all the dog mess was horrid.
A few of us wrote to the council to complain about them.

It worked as a few days later they dug a great big hole in the front garden and went around picking up all their rubbish and threw it in this hole.
I was being a nosey neighbour and watching behind the nets...hahaha...while you never guessed what i saw her doing....

She was picking up the dog poo with her bare hands, and then wiped her hands on her clothes.
The next day she wore the same clothes, it made me sick....
I could not wait to move away.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby unigirl1981 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 pm

thanks everyone for the advice, the house is well known in the area but the problem is that if anyone complains then the woman sends round many people that she knows; all druggies, violent etc and its so scaru so not many people talk to her!!! she is a low life who needs to learn how to raise kids and have a bath!!!

at 230 this morning i was woken up by her 11 year old and his mates in the street!! 11 years old. i am going to social services now.

unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 pm

Get onto your local councillor and get a change of house!!!! now!!!
I once had a flat being just married, we had just lost a baby and a new couple had came to live above us, they had a brand new baby, and every night he battered and abused his wife, she screamed and the baby screamed.
We went to police and he was warned.
He then had his friends come onto my hubby - who wasnt scared of them - they never touched us but they were always standing about watching us.
We went bac k to the police and he was warned again, but as he didnt lift a finger we had no complaint even when i taped the screaming.
None of the other neighbours would help us.
My uncle was in CID and he said get out!!!!!
Anyway at the end we sold the flat and moved into my parents house for 6 months, then got a house of our own.
So i understand the upset a bad neighbour can cause.
I hope you get this sorted soon for your own mental health - so upsetting and annoying.
Council and Police and Social are the way to go, if you have the balls to do it.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Mel, you need to get all your neighbors together, and make a stand, they cant go around doing this, if they know they can get away with it they will keep doing it.
surely if you all stick together they cant threaten you all.

Can you ask your housing officer to hold a meeting, say at one of your houses, or even in the council offices, so all the other neighbours can have they say.
Don't let these people get away with these things.
You don't need all this hassle, hope you get it sorted.x :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Can you video the commotion and noise as that will give you proof its happening so early and late - just a thought.
Mind you dont video any of the kids as that is illegal now - you cant take any pictures of kids unless you have the parents permission.
REason i know is that we had a kid who kept jumping into our hedge - we were going to take a video of him doing it and then go to the parent, but were warned off by neighbour who was a PC - rules have changed.
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics