I'm new.. where do I start..

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Greta » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Whilst at work yesterday I spent most of the day reading the many articles written by you and for the first time for a long while I felt a reassurance that I am not alone and that my symptoms are real!!

It actually only took a couple of months to be diagnosed, that was after numerous blood tests, physio and various pills. I had the worst symptons during the summer of last year and had many weeks off work (full pay they were v good). In September I was prescribed PREGABALIN and a week later all the symptoms had disappeared. I also gave up diet coke (I was addicted 2 litres a day) and started having acupuncture. For 2 months I had very few symptoms although I seemed to pick up every infection that passed my way.

I started to wean myself off the pills and a week later I was in hospital with terrible heart palpitations. My GP doubled the dosage of Pregabalin and sent me on my way.

For the last 9 months I have had a very sensitive stomach (almost feels brusied to touch). I am probably not alone when I say that I felt embarrased to tell my GP of yet another so called symptom. Anyway the pain got worse and my acupucturist persuaded me to mention it I did and after 4 more blood tests (I think the total is about 25) and still no clearer, my GP diagnosed stomach spasms and I was prescribed MERBENTYL which cleared the symptoms almost immediately.

Last week I had a swollen ankle which meant I couldn't put any weight on my foot - the swelling moved up my leg, again my GP "blamed it on the virus" and said there was nothing he could do - has anybody else had a similar symptom?

I hope the above can be of some help. I wanted to ask if anyone else picks up infection after infection and what they have done to boost their immune system?

Just realised how much I have written - sorry to be a bore. Thanks for listening!!

Greta
Greta
UKFM Newbie

Postby holly » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi Greta

Welcome to the Forum, I too have only just become a member and after 5 years of suffering feel that it is the first time I have not felt alone. I hopefully by the end of March will be prescibed PREGABALIN and by what you have said can't wait. I have had epliesy drugs, anti depressant drugs the lot but this new drug sounds wonderful.

I hope that you get a lot of information you want and help from this forum

Speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby Greta » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi Holly

Thank you for your kind words. I have tried steriods, steriod injection, anti-inflammatorys, anti- depressants, pain killers and felt no affect whatsoever. So I truly hope Pregabalin brings you the same pain-relief as it has me. I can honestly say that on these drugs I sometimes forget I have FM but from being a v healthy individual I now pick up infection after infection. But I would of course rather have 2 million chest infections than FM.

Good luck!!

Greta
Greta
UKFM Newbie

Postby holly » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Hi Greta

Did your steroid injection work only they have told me that they may do one in my jaw as I have trigeminal neuralgia and TMJD with FMS and CMP. Sounds like a lot of things I know but its just that its been 5 years and things build up oneon top of the other. My jaw and facial problem started 20 years ago when I had an accident and fell on my cheek bone and smashed it too pieces. Never mind I just wondered about the injection.

Speak again soon
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby Greta » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 am

Hi Holly

Neither the steriod injection or the steriods (tablet form) made any difference to my FMS but as we know everyone reacts differently to different drugs. So I would say its worth a try. Since having FMS I have given everything a shot on the basis that I have nothing to lose..?!!

Good luck

Greta
Greta
UKFM Newbie

Postby IanR » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:29 pm

hi Greta and welcome to the forum

well the answere to that is you alread did you joind us so i recon you made a good start :D :D

hope to catch ya around jusy a quicky welcome from for now :wink:

Ian
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:13 pm

:) Hi Greta, nice to meet you, I've only recently joined. It's an interesting forum and lots of nice peeps too. :D Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics