[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Mobile phone users

Mobile phone users

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mobile phone users

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 am

Make your own decision as to whether your want your mobile to be ex
>> directory or not!!!!! Read on...
>> You may already have heard about this but early next week all UK mobiles
>> will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access
>> your numbers. It’s easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the
>> beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex-directory. You may
>> want to suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or
>> they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls.
>>
>> Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/w ... 091621.stm

I have used it , so i should not get any junk mail through my mob or any salesman/women calling me..
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Mobile phone users

Postby iwh54 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for that. I have just done our phones, it was very easy to do.
Who wants the bother of random calls?
There is too much so called " private " information about us freely available if you know how to get it. Lets hope this works.
iwh54
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Yes i hope so too, i have done ours, i am going to do my parents later.
The last thing you need is junk calls on your mobile.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I've done mine and past the message on to firends... thanks shaz (x)
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:56 pm

thanks shaz i will do mine :)

jeanx
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:41 am

Apparently the site has crashed due to the number of people trying to opt out :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:17 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Our mobile phone connection service is currently unavailable

We are undertaking some major developments to our 'Beta Service' to improve the experience for our customers. So the service isn't available at www.118800.co.uk or by phone. We'll be back as soon as possible .

Ex-directory requests

All ex-directory requests made by people in our directory to date are being processed. There will be no need to resend these requests. And we will take further ex-directory requests when the service resumes. We will not be taking ex-directory requests by phone or text whilst the service is unavailable.

Please do not call us on 118 800 for anything other than landline directory enquiry requests as you will be charged for the call.

For other enquiries

email us at contact@118800.co.uk or write to us at 118 800, PO Box 2747, Reading RG30 4ZQ

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 pm

There were so many people trying to go ex directory, that the site could not keep up with it.
Keep trying those who did not get through.

1st it was junk mail
then junk e-mails
junk phone calls
now we are not even save with our mobile numbers.. :roll:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Why don't they print it all on toilet paper then we can either read it or not and it's useful too :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:27 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Still cant get onto the list - it seems to have closed for any replies.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:41 pm

hi have just been on the 118800 website to unsubcribe to find that it has got problems and that you cannot get yoiu number taken of. uprise surprise i bet it there way so that you cant get it off. anyway read the small print on another official website for bbc. and they suggest sending E to118800 From your mobile. it has to be from each mobile in order to stop that particular number. And then you should get a message back confirming that you have been unsubscribed from the directory.Hope this helps. I am off to try it.

This has been edited by shazq as cap letters should not be used, as it is hard to read.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:10 pm

thanks shaz as i put in pm i put one thing under capital but them i coudlnt get the caps lock off it got stuck hence the rest being in capitals. my apoligies.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:54 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics