[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Swine Flu

Swine Flu

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swine Flu

Postby avensis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi all

I really hope none of us with fibro manage to get it. We often ache and us with hayfever cough, sneeze etc as well. Yes with hayfever I get a slight fever as well.

Ive read the leaflet that came through the door as well, very informative.

A school down the road from us has 5 cases (4 pupils and 1 teacher). My immediate boss at work his Mum and nephew have it. I catch a bus to work mostly, shop in Sainsburys twice a week.

I know im panicing but its got me really worried. So taking all the necessary precautions.

Have any of you had it or have someone living with you hve it?

XXX
Do not let anyone say you are imaging it, you know differently
avensis
UKFM Member

Re: Swine Flu

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I know its getting scary now, i am sure everyone knows of someone who has it, or their friends know of someone with it.
I am worried for my dad, his works have it and he already has fluid on the lung, he went back to see doc as he has had time off, but the doc said he was ok to go back.. :yikes:
Most of my family have flu symptoms, so fingers crossed we don't pick it up.
Had hospital yesterday, got the GP tomorrow, that's the places you are bound to catch it. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 pm

There is one case up here the other side of town. The guy had been on holiday in England and didnt feel well and when he came back he went into his local club, stupid eh So now everyone has to be tested.
God i hope it dosent come near me or any of us as our bodies wont take any more infections.
What worries me is that all the deaths had underlying illnesses - it wasnt the swine flu that killed them but what ever else was wrong with them.
So what about us then.are we are more risk?
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:47 pm

I would of thought of us at being more in risk of catching it as our immune system is low.

Thats what scares me about my Dad, he already has an illness and people at his work has it, then i have had contact with him. (only seen him once after they came home from their holiday, and that was before he returned to work.)
Fingers crossed we will all be ok.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Aids - Swine Flu - foot and mouth - mrsa - SARS and all these illness, my question is where and why are they coming from.
I often wonder if someone in the government is putting the viruses into the public to test them.
Maybe thats a bit much, but they must originate somewhere!!!!!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Just heard on the news that the first person to die from swine flu without underlining other illenesses.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Well thats a first - thought it was supposed to be like a mild cold, now people are dying!!!! Makes you think dosent it.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby electra01 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Here's a link to the ME association. Where they have up FAQ's

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/content/view/925/197/

Shell.x
electra01
UKFM Newbie

Postby auroura » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

My 5 yr old daughters school has a child, a cleaner and a TA will confirmed SF, my daughters teacher went off sick wednesday, i think she probably has it too. My elder children also have a confirmed case of SF, yes its very close, but if you believe what you read, they now say 1/3 of the entire population will contract it. Theres no point panicking, you cannot stop yourself getting it, keeping my fingers crossed, that everyone who does get it, has it mildly without complications.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby electra01 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 pm

I did a post earlier on Vitamin D.. The're saying Vitmain D is the swine flu defender.. Do any of you take it to help your fibro? How much do you take?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Vitami ... =firefox-a

Shell.x
electra01
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 pm

I was really angry with this women, she was walking along the path coughing all over the place, we were waiting to cross the road, and she came passed coughing all over us.
I said quite loudly cant she put her hand over her mouth, sure she must of heard, but she carried on coughing all the time while walking along....ggrrr
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Beshlie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:14 pm

I actually have Swine Flu at the moment and was dreading having it :yikes: . But I was given Tamiflu and it makes the flu symptoms a lot milder, so hopefully that will help. It has'nt affected my FM at all, and I was expecting it to. I have other health problems, Asthma and arthritis being two and I was very worried. The thing is to get the Tamiflu as soon as possible when you get the first symptoms -fever and sore throat. They do make me feel slightly nauseous but that's all.

I hope this helps those who are worrying.
Beshlie
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:40 pm

All our health clinics have notices here - if you suspect you have Swine Flu, or flu like symptoms please do not come into the clinic, phone the surgery and someone other than yourselves can collect the medication needed.
Do on no account come personally to the clinic.
Honestly talk about not getting folk worried!!!
What about this new drug - any infomation on it?
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14 pm

You have to let the gp know as soon as you suspect you have SF as tamiflu can only be given if you start it within 2 days of showing symptoms, after than it doesn't work.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Thaks for that Gill.
I forgot to take my tablets this morning and im in agony today, so just had extra painkillers just now and will bed early and watch tv lol
As i need to be up and at the ready for tomorrow and the trip.
See you all later
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics